This winter, don’t get too worried about freezing temperatures. It’s cool enough to have a pool closing party, but it’s also important to make sure that you have a few days left to do it.
This winter, check your chemical balance to make sure that it doesn't allow algae to grow. It's also a good idea to avoid setting up your pool every year.
1. Having the proper inflatable parts in your pool can help extend its longevity. Having them inspected can save you a few headaches later.
2. Cleaning is going to help minimize the chemicals that are going to be added to your water. Also, make sure to vacuum the bottom and sides of your pool to remove any algae and microscopic bacteria.
3. Having the proper chemical balance will help prevent unpleasant surprises when you open the pool again next year. It’s also a vital step to maintain a healthy pool.
4. If your pool is prone to algae, then you can add a certain amount of algaecide to keep it from growing. This is a useful way to prevent algae infestations.
5. If your pool model has an inlet or outlet valve, make sure that it’s connected to the wall or the appropriate outlet fitting.
6. Your circulation system is ready to be disconnected. Take off the pump and filter. They should be placed in a dry, protected place until the water has gone.
7. After draining the pool, the last step is covering it with a winter pool cover. This is a simple and secure method to protect your pool from the elements.
This post was originally published on Pool Parts To Go
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!