This guide will help you to sync two Pool Valve Actuators.If your pool system has two Valve Actuators that operate together, they have to operate in sync. For example, you may want to close down the Spa as you open up the Pool.
1. CIRCULATION VALVES - A typical Pool with a Spa might have 3-6 Diverter Valves to control the flow of water though the Pool and Spa. This Pool configuration has six Diverter Valves: two to control the flow after the filter to the Pool and Spa (left side); and four to control the flow from the Pool/Spa to the pump (right side). On the right side, three manual valves control the flow from the Pool sources - the Pool Main Drain, two Skimmers and a Cleaner Port (not labeled). An automatic Diverter Valve (labeled "1") was installed to control flow from these Pool sources or the Spa Drain and feed that back to the Pump. On the left side, water from the Filter is diverted to the Spa and/or the Pool through the automatic diverted valve labeled "2".
2. POOL MODE - In this mode, all water flows to and from the Pool. Water to the Spa is shut off. Note: a yellow "T" is superimposed on the top of the Valve to show the correct position of the Valve. The Actuators on top of valve 1 is commanded to turn with the handle all the way counter-clockwise to shut off the water FROM the SPA. Simultaneously, Valve 2 on the return side is commanded to rotate the handle all the way counter-clockwise to shut off water going TO the SPA.
3. SPA MODE - In this mode, all water flows to and from the Spa. Water to the Pool is shut off. As noted above, a yellow "T" is superimposed on the top of the valve to show the correct position of the valve. The Actuators on top of Valve 1 is commanded to turn the handle all the way clockwise to shut off the water FROM the POOL. Simultaneously, Valve 2 on the return side is commanded to rotate the handle all the way clockwise to shut off water going TO the POOL.
4. SYNCING - To operate in sync, the Automated Actuators on Pool Valves 1 and 2 have to rotate in the same direction when changing between Pool Mode and Spa Mode. If one is rotating in the opposite direction from the other, the Actuators have to be adjusted to bring them into sync.
5. CORRECTION - To bring the Actuators in sync, simply flip the toggle switch of one of the Actuators to the extreme opposite position. The toggle switch is located at the back side of the Actuator.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!