Today, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the best Pool Thermometers to make your choise easier. You need to keep an eye on the temperature of the water in your swimming pool because keeping your swimming pool at the right temperature is crucial to make sure it stays comfortable, and more importantly, safe for your family and friends.In order to keep an eye on the water temperature, you’ll need to compare the best pool thermometers so you can find the most suitable fit. Just read the following guide.
1) Large Floating Pool Thermometer Aquatix Pro Premium
The Large Floating Pool Thermometer Aquatix Pro Premium can read up to a maximum temperature of 120 degrees while offering the readout on a large display. Since it is an analog thermometer design, you should expect it to take a few minutes to get a proper reading once you place it in your pool. This device will float, but you need to fill the reservoir so that it will stay horizontal in the water. The good news is that it is easy to clean.It comes with a one-year warranty and is shatter resistant. It is also quite durable and offers an accuracy of +/- four to eight degrees.
- NO GUESS WORK: Aquatix Pro Pool Thermometers Provide Accurate Reading in Both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Maximum Temperature 120F and 50C.
- PREMIUM BUILD: Large Swimming Pool Thermometer, Exceptional Quality, Built from Durable Material & Shatter Resistant.
- EASY TO USE: Large Temperature Reading Display in Fahrenheit and Celsius. Reads Up to 100 Fahrenheit and 40 Celsius.
- COMPATIBLE: Ideal as a Pool Water Thermometer, Pool Spa Thermometer, Hot Tubs, Fish Ponds, Aquariums and All Other Types of Systems.
- OUR PROMISE: We go the extra mile to ensure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. With the Aquatix Pro satisfaction promise you get one year warranty on all our products.
2) Etekcity Infrared Thermometer 774 (Not for Human)
This device is a handheld unit that you point at the water to get a reading. You will not need to place it in the pool. This digital unit has a lighted readout screen. One thing to keep in mind is that your reading will be for the surface temperature only. The laser will not penetrate under the surface. Because of this, readings will be about five degrees off. However, this is a very accurate device, so as long as you remember to subtract five degrees, you should have a fairly decent idea of the actual water temperature.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct. Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36 cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), you can choose the unit from ℉ to ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; AC, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
3) Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer
This device has a backlit readout and easy to read digital display. Because it is wireless, you can check your pool temp right from the comfort of your couch. It also provides readings on outside air temperature and humidity.The outside unit runs on solar power with a battery backup. The inside unit has an AC power cord that comes with it as well. Accuracy is about five degrees off on average. The device does offer a very wide temperature reading, so you could also use it in a hot tub if you desire.
- LCD display
- Eight channel selectable switch
- Thermometer update rate: 60 seconds
- Min/Max Memory for indoor/outdoor temperature
- Monitors temperature in up to 8 remote locations
4) Milliard Floating Pool Thermometer Blue Fish
This thermometer has a cute polar bear, fish, or other figure on the top that not only looks adorable but also serves to keep it afloat in the water.It is an ABS plastic material that will stand up to years of use and sun exposure. The colors are muted so that there are no obvious signs of age or fading. It has an analog readout, which is under the water’s surface at all times. You will have to lift it from the water to read the temperature. It will capture temperatures up to 120 degrees. Accuracy is decent with a variation of +/- five degrees, which seems to be the norm with even the best pool thermometers.
- Thermometer is 7” tall and reads in both F° and C°
- Includes rope tether to keep the thermometer from floating away
- Fish-shaped top adds fun and décor to your pool
- Made from durable ABS plastic to last from season to season
- No more guesswork with accurate temperature readings
5) GAME 14030-BB Solar Digital Pool & Spa Thermometer Floating
If you have a hard time reading the display on other thermometers, then consider the GAME 14030-BB Solar Digital Pool & Spa Thermometer. This a solar device with a dual display. You can look at it from any angle and quickly read the large number display on both sides of the unit. For the best performance, you should use the included tether to prevent the thermometer from going under the water, causing fogging and function issues. This is a very accurate device with accuracy within two degrees.
- SOLAR POWERED: The GAME Solar Digital Pool and Spa Thermometer is solar powered which means no batteries are needed. This floating swimming pool thermometer stays charged by using energy from the earth’s sun.
- LARGE, EASY-TO-READ NUMBERS: This floating temperature gauge features large, easy-to-read numbers on a double-sided LCD screen that is angled allowing you to easily determine the temperature of your pool, spa, pond or bathtub.
- TEMPERATURES IN FAHRENHEIT OR CELSIUS: Our pool and hot tub thermometer is made from high-quality, shatter-resistant materials. Use the blue button to switch the temperature display to Fahrenheit or Celsius. This floating pool temperature gauge reaches a depth of 5-inches below the water’s surface for a more accurate reading of your swimming pool’s water temperature.
- TETHER INCLUDED: For easy installation and a secure fit, we’ve built a durable and long-lasting tether. The tether helps to prevent it from floating into the skimmer basket or other pool-cleaning equipment.
- PAIRS PERFECTLY WTH OTHER GAME PRODUCTS: Our wireless pool thermometer design is produced by GAME. This thermometer pairs perfectly with other great GAME-branded pool products such as our solar chlorinators.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!