It's getting warmer and it's pool season again. These advice will help to ensure that your pool winter cover is removed without a ton of debris getting into the pool.
1. You will want to remove any leaves, dirt, and debris from the pool cover's surface using the telescopic pole and pool brush. Once you have gathered all the leaves and debris, you can place them in the trash bags and move them off to the side.
2. Next, you will want to use the pool cover pump to remove any water from the winter pool cover. If the cover is sagging in the middle, you can pull the cover outward towards you to help gather the water in one area to make it easier to remove.
3. Remove the water tubes, (in-ground winter cover), anchors (in-ground safety cover)or cable and winch (above ground winter cover). You can empty the water from the water tubes into the pool before placing them in a trash bag or container for storage. *For safety covers you will want to use the anchor key to put the anchors down so that no one trips over them during the cover removal.
4. Starting from one end of the pool, have a person on each side of the pool grab the cover and walk it towards the opposite end of the pool. Repeat this process until the cover is folded on one end of the pool. It doesn't need to be neat at this point as you will need to unfold it before putting it away.
5. Place the cover in an area where it can be opened and allowed to air dry. You can opt to use towels if you need to speed up this process.
6. Once the cover is dry enough, sprinkle some baking soda on the cover to help prevent mold and mildew. You can now fold the cover using the same process as above until it is small enough to fit inside of a large trash bag or container for storage.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!