This manual will help you to replace the Diaphragm.The Zodiac X7 Diaphragm is located inside the Engine Assembly. Its pulsing action generates the power required to drive and control the Zodiac X7 Cleaner. With time the Diaphragm will wear to the point where it has to be replaced.
1. ORDER PARTS - The part you will need to order for this procedure is the Zodiac X7 Diaphragm.
2. UNLOCK HANDLE - The Zodiac X7 Diaphragm is inside the X7 Engine Assembly. To access the Zodiac X7 Engine Assembly, you must first remove the Zodiac X7 Main Body Cover. To free the Cover, unlock the Handle by pushing up in the two locks on either side of the Handle. They just slide up out of the slots in the Cover.
3. PUSH HANDLE BACK - The base of the Handle engages slots on the sides of the Cover. To disengage the Cover, push the Handle all the way back.
4. PULL MAIN BODY COVER OUT - Pull the Cover straight out towards the front of the Cleaner.
5. PULL OUT ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Pull the Engine Assembly out of the Lower Body Assembly. This is a two-step process. First lift the end of the Engine Assembly up so that the Thrust Washer is above and free of its retainer. Then pull the Engine Assembly straight out.
6. REMOVE THRUST WASHER - Slide the Thrust Washer off the end of the Engine Assembly.
7. REMOVE OUTER EXTENSION PIPE - Unscrew the Outer Extension Pipe from the Engine Assembly.
8. REMOVE INNER EXTENSION PIPE - Separate the Inner Extension Pipe from the end of the Diaphragm by rocking it back and forth.
9. REMOVE DIAPHRAGM - Pull the Diaphragm out of the other end. It may help to push it from the pipe end first.
10. CONNECT NEW DIAPHRAGM TO PIPE - Work the smaller end of the Diaphragm onto the grooved end of the Inner Extension Pipe.
11. PLACE INNER EXTENSION PIPE INSIDE CUP ASSEMBLY - Insert the Inner Extension Pipe with the Diaphragm attached into the nut end of the Cup Assembly.
12. LINE UP DIAPHRAGM -Line up the tab on the top of the Diaphragm with the notch in the Cup Assembly.
13. PULL IN DIAPHRAGM - Pull the Inner Extension Pipe straight through the Cup Assembly until the edge of the Diaphragm is visible. Do not twist or the Diaphragm may come off of the Pipe. Check that Notch is in place.
14. REPLACE OUTER EXTENSION PIPE - Screw the Outer Extension Pipe onto the Cup Assembly.
15. REPLACE THRUSH WASHER - Place the Thrust Washer onto the end of the new Engine Assembly - flat side in.
16. PLACE ENGINE ASSEMBLY IN BAY - Angle the new Engine Assembly into the bay of the Lower Body Assembly. The Thrust Washer should be behind the retainer with the widest part of the Washer on top.
17. ENGAGE ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Push down on the end of the Engine Assembly until it clicks into the Lower Body Assembly.
18. REINSTALL MAIN BODY COVER - Place the Cover over the Extension Pipe and push the Cover all the way into the back of the Cleaner until you feel it snap into place.
19. PULL HANDLE FORWARD - To lock the Cover in place, Pull the Handle forward until it engages fully with the slots on each side of the Cover.
20. PULL HANDLE FORWARD - To lock the Cover in place, Pull the Handle forward until it engages fully with the slots on each side of the Cover.
21. CLEANER IS READY - Check that the locks are fully engaged. Your Cleaner is ready to operate.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!