This manual shows you the steps required to replace the four Discs and two Foot Pads. Over time the Disc Assemblies on your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner may wear or crack and will have to be replaced.
1. ORDER PARTS - The parts you will require for this procedure are the four Zodiac X7 Discs and two Foot Pads.
2. VIEW DISCS - Turn the Cleaner on its back. This picture shows the location of the 4 Discs and 2 Foot Pads that you will be replacing. The four Discs are secured onto the Zodiac X7 Cleaner with the two Foot Pads. The Foot Pads are released by sliding them out the front side of the Cleaner.
3. LIFT EDGE OF BACK DISK - Before you can slide the Foot Pads out, you must first lift up the edge of the Back Disc out of the ridge around the throat of the Cleaner.
4. SLIDE OFF FOOT PAD 1 - Locate the slots under each of the Foot Pads. Slide one of the Foot Pads out of the slot to the front of the Cleaner. If you have trouble sliding it all the way out, try releasing more of the Back Disc as shown above.
5. SLIDE OFF FOOT PAD 2 - Slide out the other Foot Pad out of the slot on the other side of the Cleaner.
6. DISASSEMBLE DISC ASSEMBLY - Separate the four Discs from the Foot Pads and each other. They will almost fall apart.
7. REASSEMBLE DISC ASSEMBLY (1) - Place the two knobs of each new Foot Pad through the holes in the new Front Disc. You will have to angle in the one end of the Foot Pad to engage the first knob then engage the second knob. The shiny side of the Front Disc should be down.
8. REASSEMBLE DISC ASSEMBLY (2) - Place the Back Disc onto the end knob of each of the Foot Pads. Shinny side of Back Disc is down.
9. REASSEMBLE DISC ASSEMBLY (3) - Place the two new Side Discs onto the two knobs of each Foot Pads - knobby side of each Side Disc is down.
10. VIEW ASSEMBLED DISCS - While holding the Discs and Foot Pads together, Flip the Disc Assembly over.
11. PLACE ASSEMBLED DISCS ON CLEANER - Turn the Zodiac X7 Cleaner on its back and place the Disc Assembly over the throat of the Cleaner with Foot Pads up.
12. INSERT FOOT PAD 1 INTO SLOT - Slide the bottom of one Foot Pad into the slot at the back of the Cleaner. Make sure the Foot Pad engages all the way into the slot.
13. INSERT FOOT PAT 2 INTO SLOT - Side the bottom of the other Foot Pad into the other groove.
14. TUCK EDGE OF BACK DISC - Tuck the edge of the Back Disc under the lip of the Cleaner.
15. CLEANER IS READY TO OPERATE. - Turn the Cleaner upright. It's ready to operate.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!