This guide will walk you through replacing the Zodiac X7 Engine Assembly in the event that major parts of the Assembly are damaged.
1. ORDER PART - The part you will need to order for this procedure is the Zodiac T5 Engine Assembly. Click:ENGINE ASSEMBLY for our link to this part. The Engine Assembly has four parts including: OUTER EXTENSION PIPE: INNER EXTENSION PIPE; CUP ASSEMBLY; and DIAPHRAGM. These can be purchased separately if required. See our How To Guide for Replacing the Diaphragm.
2. UNSCREW HANDNUT - Unscrew the Handnut counter-clockwise.
3. PULL OFF MAIN BODY COVER - Lift off the Main Body Cover by pulling it forward. You may have to play with it a bit to get it past the front collar. It helps to push down ion the back of the Cover as you are pulling it forward.
4. SLIDE OUT ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Slide the Engine Assembly out through the front ring. The Engine Assembly should come out easily.
5. SLIDE OFF THRUST WASHER - Take the Thrust Washer off of the Engine Assembly.
6. PLACE THRUST WASHER ON NEW ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Get your new Engine Assembly and place the Thrust Washer over the front end. Note: the width of the Thrust Washer collars. The wider collar has to go on first.
7. INSERT NEW ENGINE ASSEMBLY INTO CLEANER - Place the new Engine Assembly and Thrust Washer back through the front ring until it engages into the back ring fully.
8. PLACE MAIN BODY COVER OVER MAIN ENGINE - Place the Main Body Cover over the front of the Engine Assembly and start to push it back to engage with the back of the Cleaner.
9. ENGAGE MAIN BODY COVER - Insert the two tabs on the back of the Main Body Cover into the two slots in the back of the Cleaner. Make sure they are fully engaged.
10. SCREW ON HANDNUT - Screw the Handnut into the front ring of the Body Assembly - clockwise.
11. OPERATE CLEANER - Try spinning the Engine Assembly. If it spins freely, your Zodiac T5 Pool Cleaner is ready to operate.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!