This manual provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the Diaphragm.The Zodiac T5 Diaphragm is located inside the Engine Assembly. Its pulsing action generates the power required to drive and control the Zodiac X7 Cleaner. With time the Diaphragm will wear to the point where it has to be replaced.
1. ORDER PARTS - The part you will need to order for this procedure is the Zodiac T5 Diaphragm. Click: DIAPHRAGM for our link to this part.
2. UNSCREW HANDNUT - Unscrew the Handnut counter-clockwise.
3. PULL OFF MAIN BODY COVER - Lift off the Main Body Cover by pulling it forward. You may have to play with it a bit to get it past the front collar. It helps to push down ion the back of the Cover as you are pulling it forward.
4. SLIDE OUT ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Slide the Engine Assembly out through the front ring. The Engine Assembly should come out easily.
5. SLIDE OFF THRUST WASHER - Take the Thrust Washer off of the Engine Assembly.
6. REMOVE OUTER EXTENSION PIPE - Unscrew the Outer Extension Pipe from the Engine Assembly.
7. REMOVE INNER EXTENSION PIPE - Separate the Inner Extension Pipe from the end of the Diaphragm by rocking it back and forth.
8. REMOVE DIAPHRAGM - Pull the Diaphragm out of the other end. It may help to push it out from the pipe end first with your thumb.
9. CONNECT NEW DIAPHRAGM TO PIPE - Work the smaller end of the Diaphragm onto the grooved end of the Inner Extension Pipe.
10. PLACE INNER EXTENSION PIPE INSIDE CUP ASSEMBLY - Insert the Inner Extension Pipe with the Diaphragm attached into the nut end of the Cup Assembly.
11. LINE UP DIAPHRAGM - Line up the tab on the top of the Diaphragm with the notch in the Cup Assembly.
12. PULL IN DIAPHRAGM - Pull the Inner Extension Pipe straight through the Cup Assembly until the edge of the Diaphragm is visible. Do not twist or the Diaphragm may come off of the Pipe. Check that Notch is in place.
13. REPLACE OUTER EXTENSION PIPE - Screw the Outer Extension Pipe onto the Cup Assembly.
14. PLACE THRUST WASHER ON ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Place the Thrust Washer over the front end of the Engine Assembly. Note: the width of the Thrust Washer collars. The wider collar has to go on first.
15. INSERT ENGINE ASSEMBLY INTO CLEANER - Place the Engine Assembly and Thrust Washer back through the front ring until it engages into the back ring fully.
16. PLACE MAIN BODY COVER OVER MAIN ENGINE - Place the Main Body Cover over the front of the Engine Assembly and start to push it back to engage with the back of the Cleaner.
17. ENGAGE MAIN BODY COVER - Insert the two tabs on the back of the Main Body Cover into the two slots in the back of the Cleaner. Make sure they are fully engaged.
18. SCREW ON HANDNUT - Screw the Handnut into the front ring of the Body Assembly - clockwise.
19. OPERATE CLEANER - Try spinning the Engine Assembly. If it spins freely, your Zodiac T5 Pool Cleaner is ready to operate.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!