This manual explains you how to replace the tires on your Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Cleaner. With use, the tires on your Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Cleaner will wear down to the point where they provide little or no traction and need to be replaced.
1. BUY TIRES - Your Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Cleaner has four tires. If you need to replace one, chances are you will have to replace all four so that they provide equal traction.
2. SOAK NEW TIRE - The tire as purchased is hard and is too small to fit on the wheel. To make it pliable enough to stretch onto the wheel, you will have to soak it in water for one to two hours.
3. VIEW NEW TIRE - This is a picture of the dry tire next to a tire after it has been soaked.
4. TURN CLEANER OVER - Turn the cleaner on its back to access the tires.
5. CUT OLD TIRE - To remove the old tire, first cut across the tire with a matte knife. Try not to score the plastic. You do not have to cut through the tire.
6. BREAK OUT OLD TIRE - If the tire is not cut through, use a flat-headed screwdriver to break the tire apart. Leverage the screwdriver against the length of the tire, not across it.
7. PRY OUT OLD TIRE (WRONG WAY) - This picture shows you how not to break the tire out. You may break the plastic ring.
8. REMOVE OLD TIRE - Once the old tire is broken apart, it should lift out of the wheel's groove easily.
9. SLIP END OF NEW TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Place one end of the soaked tire into the groove at the top of the wheel.
10. WORK REST OF TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Stretch the remainder of the tire into the rest of the groove.
11. CHECK TIRE PLACEMENT - Make sure the tire is completely in the groove.
12. REPLACE OTHER TIRES - Repeat steps 2 through 11 to replace each of the other three tires.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!