This guide will help you to replace a Rapids 4WD Wheel Assemblies.With years of use, one or more of the Aquabot Rapids 4WD Wheel Assemblies may become damaged or broken and will need to be replaced.
1. BUY WHEEL ASSEMBLIES AND TIRES - The Rapids 4WD Cleaner has four wheels and tires. If you need to replace one wheel, you may consider replacing all four wheels and their tires. Or, replace the one damaged wheel, but all four tires so that the treads are all the same depths.
2. TURN OFF POWER - If the Aquabot Power Unit is connected to the wall, unplug it.
3. TURN CLEANER ON ITS SIDE - Turn the cleaner on its side so that the wheel you need to work on is accessible.
4. PRY UP WHEEL COVER - The wheel cover has three slots. Using a flat-headed screwdriver, gently pry the cover off of the wheel at one or two of these slots.
5. LIFT OFF THE WHEEL COVER - Remove the wheel cover off of the wheel to uncover the wheel washer.
6. UNSCREW WHEEL WASHER - Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the single screw that secures the wheel washer to the wheel.
7. LIFT OFF WHEEL WASHER - Lift off the wheel washer from the wheel.
8. LIFT OFF WHEEL - Lift the damaged wheel straight up and off of the wheel bearing.
9. SOAK NEW TIRE - Now you will prepare to put a new tire on the wheel. The tire you have purchased does not look like it will fit on the wheel. To make it pliable enough to stretch onto the wheel, you will have to soak it in water for about an hours.
10. VIEW NEW TIRE - This is a picture of the dry tire next to a tire after it has been soaked.
11. SLIP LOWER END OF NEW TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Lay the wheel down with the cogwheel side facing up. Then place the lower end of the soaked tire into the groove of the wheel.
12. WORK REST OF TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Stretch the remainder of the tire into the rest of the groove.
13. CHECK TIRE PLACEMENT - Make sure the tire is completely in the groove.
14. PLACE WHEEL ONTO BEARING - Place the new wheel onto the wheel bearing making sure that the wheel cog engages with the drive cog.
15. PLACE WHEEL WASHER OVER BEARING - Place the wheel washer over the wheel bearing with the protruded side facing down.
16. SECURE WHEEL WASHER - Secure the wheel washer with the single screw.
17. REPLACE WHEEL COVER - Line up the wheel cover over the three slots and push down to secure the cover. You may have to use a screwdriver to work the last tab into its slot.
18. VIEW NEW WHEEL AND TIRE - Here is a view of the new wheel after it has been completely reassembled.
19. REPLACE OTHER WHEELS - At this point you have two options. If you want to replace all of the other three wheels, repeat steps 3-18 for each of the other wheels. If you just want to replace the other three tires, go to our guide, "How to Replace an Aquabot Rapids 4WD Tire". The procedure is simpler.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!