Note: This instruction can also be used for the Aquabot Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner.
The Impeller on the Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner is the fan blade on the inside of the unit that creates the vacuum action to clear debris from your pool. Due to the wear and tear on a cleaner, heavy debris or possibly user error, the impeller on an Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner can become damaged. This is a simple and easy part to replace. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions in this guide.
1. BUY PARTS - Buy all the parts you will need to have everything in place for this task. The only part required for this task is the Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner Impeller.
2. TURN OFF POWER - If the Aquabot Power Unit is connected to the wall, unplug it.
3. REMOVE FILTER ASSEMBLIES - Pull the two Filter Assemblies straight up and out of the cleaner.
4. UNSCREW OUTLET TOP - The Outlet Top over the Impeller is secured with one screw. Remove the screw.
5. SLIDE TOP FROM GROMMET - Lift up the screw end of the Outlet Top and slide the other end away from the Cable Grommet.
6. LIFT OFF TOP - Lift off the Outlet Top to expose the Impeller.
7. UNSCREW IMPELLER - The impeller is held in place by one screw. Remove this screw in a counterclockwise direction being careful not to touch any jagged or sharp edges of the Impeller.
8. LIFT OFF IMPELLER - Lift the Impeller straight up and off of the motor shaft.
9. REMOVE BROKEN PIECES - If the fan is broken and there are missing pieces from the fins, remove these pieces before placing the new part in the unit. When operation restarts, those pieces could damage the new impeller.
10. PLACE NEW IMPELLER - Place the new Impeller on to the motor shaft. Note: You have to line up the flat on the shaft with the flat in the Impeller hole.
11. SECURE IMPELLER - While holding the blades with a cloth, secure the new Impeller with a single screw - turn clockwise. Be careful. The blades are sharp.
12. REPLACE OUTLET TOP - Slide the Outlet Top into the side of the Cable Grommet as shown. Push the Outlet Cover down so it is flush with the Top Bridge.
13. SECURE OUTLET TOP - Secure the Outlet Top with a single screw.
14. REPLACE FILTERS - Insert the Filter Assemblies and push them straight down into the cleaner.
15. READY TO GO - That's it. Your Rapids 4WD Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!