If the handle on your Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Cleaner is damaged, read the following instruction on how to change it. Note: This guide can also be used for the Aquabot Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner.
1. BUY PARTS - Buy all the parts you will need to have everything in place for this task. The only part required for this task is the Aquabot Rapids 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner Handle.
2. TURN OFF POWER - If the Aquabot Power Unit is connected to the wall, unplug it.
3. REMOVE FILTER ASSEMBLIES - Pull the two Filter Assemblies straight up and out of the cleaner.
4. UNSCREW OUTLET TOP - The Outlet Top over the Impeller is secured with one screw. Remove the screw.
5. SLIDE TOP FROM GROMMET - Lift up the screw end of the Outlet Top and slide the other end away from the Cable Grommet.
6. LIFT OFF TOP - Lift off the Outlet Top to expose the Impeller.
7. FREE CABLE FROM TOP BRIDGE - Slide the Cable Grommet up the cable to get it out of the way, then snake the cable out of the Top Bridge through the slot in the side of the Top Bridge.
8. UNSCREW TOP BRIDGE - The Top Bridge is secured to the cleaner body with four screws as shown. Remove the four screws. Note: The Cleaner's Handle is attached to the Top Bridge.
9. LAY TOP BRIDGE ON ITS BACK - Turn the Top Bridge (and Handle) on its back.
10. REMOVE HANDLE SCREWS - The Cleaner Handle is attached to the Top Bridge with two screws as shown. Remove the two screws.
11. SLIDE OUT MAIN HANDLE AXES - The Cleaner Handle pivots on two Axes. Pull each Axis out of each side of the Handle and Top Bridge.
12. REMOVE OLD HANDLE - Separate the Cleaner Handle from the Top Bridge.
13. ATTACH NEW HANDLE AND INSERT AXES - Place the new Handle onto the Top Bridge and reinsert the two Axes.
14. SECURE HANDLE - Secure the Handle with two screws through the Axes.
15. REPLACE TOP BRIDGE - Replace the Top Bridge and secure it with four screws, two on either end.
16. THREAD CABLE THROUGH TOP BRIDGE SLOT - Snake the cable into the Top Bridge through the slot in the side of the Top Bridge.
17. SLIDE HALF OF CABLE GROMMET INTO TOP BRIDGE - Slide half of the slotted Cable Grommet into the Top Bridge.
18. REPLACE OUTLET TOP - Slide the Outlet Top into the side of the Cable Grommet as shown. Push the Outlet Cover down so it is flush with the Top Bridge.
19. SECURE OUTLET TOP - Secure the Outlet Top with a single screw.
20. REPLACE FILTERS - Insert the Filter Assemblies and push them straight down into the cleaner.
21. READY TO GO - That's it. Your Rapids 4WD Cleaner has a new Handle and is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!