This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the tires on your Smartpool NC22 Robotic Pool Cleaner. Note: Although this guide features the NC22 model cleaner, these instructions can be used for replacing the tires on most of the Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaners.With use, the two front tires on your Smartpool NC22 Robotic Pool Cleaner will wear down to the point where they provide little or no traction and need to be replaced.
1. BUY PARTS - Buy the parts you will need to have everything in place for this task. The only part required for this task is the Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner Wheel Tire(s). If you are replacing one of the tires, you will probably want to change the other tire.
2. TURN OFF POWER - If the Smartpool Power Supply is connected to the wall, unplug it.
3. REMOVE WHEEL CAP - The Cap at the end of each Wheel is secured with a single screw. Remove the screw.
4. LIFT OFF WHEEL - Lift the Wheel straight up off the Wheel post. The Cap will come with it.
5. PEEL OFF ONE EDGE - The tire overlaps the edge of the Wheel on both sides. To remove the Tire, start by working the Tire back over the edge of the Wheel. Use two small screwdrivers.
6. SLIDE TIRE OFF WHEEL - Once one side of the Tire is free of the Wheel edge, slide the Tire off of the Wheel
7. WORK NEW TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Work one side of the new Tire onto the surface of the Wheel.
8. SLIDE TIRE ONTO WHEEL - Slide the Tire all the way onto the Wheel.
9. WORK SIDE OF TIRE OVER WHEEL EDGE - Using a small screwdriver, work the side of the Tire over the edge of the Wheel.
10. PLACE WHEEL ONTO WHEEL SHAFT - Now place the Wheel onto the Wheel Shaft. The side of the Wheel with the smooth cross will be on the outside.
11. VIEW WHEEL CAP - When you replace the Wheel Cap the slotted side will go down, smooth side up. Also match the flat key in the Wheel Cap hole with the flat key on the Wheel shaft.
12. SECURE WHEEL CAP - Secure the Wheel Cap to the Wheel shaft with the single screw.
13. REPLACE OTHER TIRE - Repeat steps 3 through 12 to replace the other Tire, if required.
14. READY TO GO - That's it. Your Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!