This guide explains you how to replace an impeller in the Smartpool NC22 Robotic Pool Cleaner. Note: Although this guide features the NC22 model cleaner, these instructions can be used for replacing the impeller on most of the Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaners.The Impeller on the Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner is the fan blade on the inside of the unit that creates the vacuum to suck up debris from your pool. Due to the wear and tear on a cleaner, heavy debris, or possibly user error, the impeller on our Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner can become damaged.
1. BUY PARTS - Buy the parts you will need to have everything in place for this task. The only part required for this task is the Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner Impeller.
2. TURN OFF POWER - If the Smartpool Power Supply is connected to the wall, unplug it.
3. UNSCREW IMPELLER COVER - The Cover over the Impeller is secured with one screw. Remove the screw.
4. LIFT OFF COVER - There is a tab on other other side of the cover that is inserted into a slot. Lift the screw end of the Cover up to slide the tab out of the slot. Lift the Cover up and off to expose the Impeller.
5. VIEW IMPELLER - This is a view of the Impeller. It is secured to the motor drive shaft with a nut.
6. UNSCREW IMPELLER NUT - Hold the Impeller to keep it from rotating and, using a 9/16" socket, unscrew the nut in a counter-clockwise direction. Be careful not to cut yourself on the sharp blade.
7. LIFT OFF NUT - Lift the nut off of the motor drive shaft.
8. LIFT OFF IMPELLER - Lift the Impeller straight up and off of the motor shaft.
9. REMOVE BROKEN PIECES - If the fan is broken and there are missing pieces from the fins, remove these pieces before placing the new part in the unit. When operation restarts, those pieces could damage the new impeller.
10. VIEW NEW IMPELLER - If you look closely at the inside of the Impeller, you will see flats in the Impeller hole. These flats will line up with the flat surfaces on the motor shaft.
11. PLACE NEW IMPELLER - Place the new Impeller on the motor drive shaft. If you have lined up the flats correctly, the top of the shaft will stick out of the top of the impeller.
12. SECURE IMPELLER - Screw the Impeller nut onto the motor drive shaft in a clockwise direction. Tighten snugly by hand.
13. TEST IMPELLER - Rotate the impeller by hand to make sure it is on solidly and that is doesn't rub on the side of the Chassis.
14. REPLACE COVER - Replace the Impeller Cover by first inserting the Cover tab into the Chassis and then lowering the screw end of the Cover until it is flush with the top of the Chassis.
15. SECURE COVER - Secure the Impeller Cover with the single screw.
16. READY TO GO - That's it. Your Smartpool Robotic Pool Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!