In this guide you will learn how to replace a Polaris Pool Cleaner Wheel Bearing. If your Polaris Pool Cleaner is having an issue maneuvering the floor of your pool and you suspect is the wheel, then a possibility could be the Polaris Cleaner Wheel Bearings, whose purpose is to create a smooth course for the wheel to travel around the axle.
1. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool.
2. The screw for Polaris Cleaner Wheel is located in this area, you will require a flat-head screwdriver to remove it. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Screw part #: 3260-C055
3. With the screw out of the way, you can now take the wheel washer and place to side for later. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Washer part #: 3260-C064
4. Now you may lift the pull wheel straight off its axle. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Drive Shaft part #: 3260-C086, Rear Axle part #: 3260-C065
5. To remove the Polaris Cleaner Wheel Bearings, use your flat head screw drive to pry the bearing out of its compartment. Gently do so by sticking the tip of the screw driver in between the gap of the 2 bearing pieces as pictured, then leveraging up.
6. Now it is time to install the new Polaris Cleaner Wheel Bearings. Place the bearings in the center of the Polaris Wheel axle hole. Be sure that the notched ends of each side of the bearing are facing toward each other when installed.
7. Place the wheel onto the Polaris Cleaner Axle, spine it to check its movement is free and clear.
8. Place the washer on top of the wheel bearing, then secure the wheel with the Polaris Wheel Screw. Test the movement of the wheel by spinning forward and backwards to check for any obstructions. If your wheel spins correctly then you may resume enjoying using your Polaris Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!