This guide explais you how to replace a Poolvergnuegen PoolCleaner Skirt.The Poolvergnuegen PoolCleaner has eight adjustable skirts that allow the PoolCleaner to maintain optimal suction under the machine even when it encounters obstacles. When these skirts become worn, the PoolCleaner looses optimal suction and one or more of the skirts have to be replaced.
1. Remove the Leader Hose from the Poolvergnuegen PoolCleaner. Lay the hose out straight.
2. Turn the Poolvergnuegen PoolCleaner on it back. The PoolCleaner has two sets of skirts: four in the front with rollers and four in the back without rollers.
3. Each of the eight skirts is made up of two hinged parts: the skirt itself which makes contact with the pool surface and the skirt bracket which connects the skirt to the PoolCleaner. You will probably only have to replace the skirt since it is the only part that rubs against the pool surface. You can purchase eight skirts separately without their brackets.
4. To remove the front set of skirts, snap one out of its slotted sockets. This will require some pressure. You may have to pry it out gently with a flat headed screwdriver.
5. Once you have one skirt off the PoolCleaner, side each of the other three halfway into the space left by the previous skirt and then lift it out.
6. Repeat the process to remove the back set of skirts.
7. If you are only replacing the skirt, you will want to separate it from the bracket. Pull the two pieces apart. Repeat for the other seven hinged units.
8. Snap the new skirts onto each of the 8 brackets
9. Place each of the three front brackets into the open slots and slide them to the right.
10. Snap the last front bracket into the remaining slot as shown. This may take a litter effort.
11. Repeat this process for the back 4 brackets.
12. Test each of the skirts to ensure that it moves freely.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!