This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing a Polaris Pool Cleaner Wheel. A properly working wheel is key to the maneuverability of your Polaris Pool Cleaner. A damaged Polaris Wheel will inhibit you unit's ability to to clean your pool. Follow these steps to restore your cleaner.
1. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel part #: 3260-C006
2. The screw for Polaris Cleaner Wheel is located in this area, you will require a flat-head screwdriver to remove it. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Screw part #: 3260-C055
3. With the screw out of the way, you can now take the wheel washer and place to side for later. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Washer part #: 3260-C064
4. Now you may lift the pull wheel straight off its axle. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Drive Shaft part #: 3260-C086, Rear Axle part #: 3260-C065
5. To remove the Polaris Cleaner Wheel Bearings, use your flat head screw drive to pry the bearing out of its compartment. Gently do so by sticking the tip of the screw driver in between the gap of the 2 bearing pieces as pictured, then leveraging up. Replacements Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Bearings part #: 3260-C060
6. The final step before discarding the old wheel is removing the Polaris Cleaner Tire, this easily slides off the wheel. At this point you can throw away your old damaged wheel. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Tire part #: 3260-C010
7. Now it is time to install the new wheel. Take the bearings you just removed from your old wheel and place into the bearing slot of the new. Be sure that the notched ends of each side are facing toward each other when installing. The picture in this step shows what the bearing should look like when inside the wheel center. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Bearings part #: 3260-C060
8. Place the wheel onto the Polaris Cleaner Axle, spin it to check the movement is free and clear.
9. Place the washer on top of the wheel bearing secure the wheel with the Polaris Wheel Screw. Test the movement of the wheel by spinning forward and backwards to check for any obstructions. If your wheel spins correctly then you may resume enjoying using your Polaris Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!