This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing a Polaris Pool Cleaner Tire. The key to a Polaris Pool Cleaner's movement and traction is the tire tread, that helps it grip the pool floor and walls during its cleaning cycle. If your cleaner is having issue doing either of those things, you may need to replace the Polaris Cleaner Tires.
1. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Tire part #: 3260-C010
2. The screw for Polaris Cleaner Wheel is located here, you will require a flat-head screwdriver to remove it. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner
3. With the screw out of the way, you can now take the wheel washer and place to side for later. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Wheel Washer part #: 3260-C064
4. Now you may lift the pull wheel straight off its axle. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Drive Shaft part #: 3260-C086, Rear Axle part #: 3260-C065
5. Now to remove the tire from the wheel, do this by pulling the lip on the outside of the wheel up and over the wheel until it is off. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Tire part #: 3260-C010
6. Place the new tire onto the wheel in the reverse fashion you had taken the damaged one off, sliding the lip of the tire over the wheel.
7. With your Polaris Cleaner Tire installed place the wheel onto the Polaris Cleaner Axle, spin it to check the movement is free and clear.
8. Place the washer on top of the wheel bearing securing the wheel with the Polaris Wheel Screw. Test the movement of the wheel by spinning forward and backwards to check for any obstructions. If your wheel spins correctly then you may resume enjoying using your Polaris Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!