This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the Polaris Pool Cleaner Feed Pipe.The Polaris Pool Cleaner Feed Pipe is the intersection between the flexible feed hose and the the cleaner's mechanical workings. Follow these steps to replace this part:
1. Tools you will need. 1) Phillips screwdriver - medium and long shaft. TIP: It is very important that you are careful when taking this apart. If you lay all the pieces out in a row as you remove them, it will be easier to put back together.
2. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Feed Pipe part #: 3260-K030
3. Disconnect the Polaris Feed Hose by unscrewing the locking nut and pulling up and off the nozzle. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Feed Hose part #: 3262-0
4. Remove the Sweep Tail Scrubber from the Polaris's Feed Pipe, locate the clamp on the sweep tail's feed hose side, while gripping clamp as shown in this picture move one side to the 12 O'clock position and the opposite side to the 6 O'clock position. Continue doing this until the clamp's teeth are unbound then remove from hose. Replacement Polaris 280 Cleaner Sweeper Tail Scrubber part #: 3260-B005, Clamp part #: 3260-B015
5. Remove the Polaris Cleaner Float head by twisting as you pull the float off its mount. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Float Head part #: 3260-A020
6. With your Feed Hose, Float head and Tail Scrubber removed, your cleaner should look like as pictured.
7. Next will be to remove the cleaner cover, it is held in place by one screw in the center of the cover. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Blue Cover part#: 3260-K005
8. Once the screw has been loosened pull the cover up the Vacuum Tube and around the feed pipe nozzles. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Vacuum Tube part #: 3260-K020
9. This is what the inside of your Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner should look like.
10. The final screws to be extracted are the feed pipe base screws, located here.
11. To remove the Polaris feed pipe, first unscrew these supports first that connect the top portion of the piece to the Polaris Vacuum Tube. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Vacuum Tube part #: 3260-K020
12. Remove the black clamps, you made be able to slide them off or it could require cutting them. Slide hose from water management hose. Replacement Polaris Hose Clamp part #: 3263-88, Water Management System Hose part #: 3260-C120
13. Discard old Polaris Feed Pipe. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Feed Pipe part #: 3260-K030
14. Connect the Water Management Hose to the lower spigot of the feed pipe, and secure with hose clamp. To tighten clamp, snake it around the connection of the spigot and hose and pull the plastic strip through the clamp lock until fastened. The end result should look like this picture. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Hose Clamp part #: 3263-88, Water Management Hose part #: 3260-C120
15. Now to secure your feed pipe to the base, use the two long screws to screw base on the cleaner.
16. The last points on the pipe to fasten are the connections to the vacuum tube located here.
17. Slide the Cleaner cover around over the vacuum tube and down into position.
18. Secure cover with screw. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Screws part #: 3260-C040
19. Now to install the new Polaris Sweep Tail, first you may want to moisten the end of the nose hose connection with a solution of water and dish soap to make it easier to fit over feed pipe nozzle. After applying solution simply connect hose to feed pipe. Replacement Polaris 280 Cleaner Sweeper Tail Scrubber part #: 3260-B005, Clamp part #: 3260-B015
20. Install the flow adjustment nozzle onto the feed pipe. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Adjustment Screw part #: 3260-B020
21. Do a once over to be certain your do not have any extra screws or parts you have yet to re-install, if you find no issues then you may resume enjoying your Polaris Pool Cleaner
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!