This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the Back Up Valve. The Polaris Back Up Valve is a mechanism attached to the cleaner's feeder hose, which helps the Polaris cleaner maneuver the floor of your pool. If this item is malfunctioning then your cleaner may not be able to clean effectively.
1. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool.
2. Now to locate the Polaris Back Up Valve on the feeder hose, it should be within one hose length of the cleaner itself. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Back Up Valve part #: 3260-G054, Hose Feed Complete part #: 3262-0
3. To remove the Polaris Back up Valve from the feeder hose and hose assembly, unscrew the plastic nuts on each side of the valve and slide the hose off the valve nozzle. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner part #: 3260-D015
4. If you are simply replacing this part, at this point you would install the new valve by reattaching the nuts and hose to the valve nozzles. If you are replacing the Polaris Valve Mechanism, please read on. Replacement 280 Polaris Pool Cleaner Back Up Valve Mechanism part #: 3260-G053
5. Disconnect the back up valve locking nut and separate the 2 pieces of the valve. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Back Up Valve Mechanism part #: 3260-G053
6. Inside you should see this piece called the Polaris back Up Valve Mechanism.
7. To extract the Polaris Valve Mechanism, simply grip and pull up.
8. Replacing the valve is just as simple, align the valve mechanism's water port with the valve port opening and slide the mechanism down into position.
9. Now place the other end of the valve cover, being sure to line up the notch on the cover with the notch on the other end of the cover then slide down into position. Before doing this step take time to inspect the valve top cover O-ring, to ensure that it is not warped or worn. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Back Up Valve O-Ring Kit part #: 3260-G058
10. Finally tighten valve nut. Replacement Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Back Up Valve Collar part #: 3260-G057
11. Reinstall valve back in line with the feed hose, by moisten the end of the hose with a solution of water and dish detergent and sliding it onto the Polaris Back Up valve's nozzle then tighten with valve nut.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!