1. ORDER PARTS - The only part you will require for this procedure is the Handle for the Maytronics Dolphin Triton Pool Cleaner.
2. UNSCREW IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller cover is secured into the top of the Cover Assembly with 2 screws. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver. Do not use a power drill. You run the risk of stripping the threads. Set these screws aside. They are shorter than the rest of the screws you will be removing.
3. LIFT OFF IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller Cover is in flush with the Cover Assembly. You may need to use a small screwdriver to gently pry it out of the Assembly.
4. UNSCREW COVER ASSEMBLY - Remove the 4 top corner screws that hold the top Cover Assembly to the Cleaner's chassis.
5. LIFT OFF COVER ASSEMBLY - Lift the Cover Assembly up off of the top of the Cleaner. You will have to thread the Cover Assembly along the power cord to get it off far enough to work on.
6. UNSCREW HANDLE PIVOT RODS - The Handle is connected to the Cover Assembly by two short rods on which the Handle pivots. These Pivot Rods are held into the Cover Assembly with a single screw each.To free the Pivot Rods, remove the screws from the outside edges of the Cover Assembly.
7. SLIDE OUT PIVOT RODS - Remove the Pivot Rods from the Cover Assembly and Handle by sliding each to center of the Cover Assembly.
8. PULL OFF HANDLE - Turn the Cover Assembly over and remove the Handle out of the slots in the Cover Assembly. It will probably drop out.
9. PLACE NEW HANDLE - Place the new Handle into the slots on the top of the Cover Assembly.
10. LINE UP HANDLE - Before inserting the Pivot Rods, you will have to line up the base of the Handle with the hole in the Cover Assembly. The screw hole in the Handle should be centered in the larger hole of the Cove Assembly.
11. INSERT PIVOT RODS - Insert the Pivot Rods from inside the Cover Assembly.
12. SECURE RODS - Secure the Pivot Rods with a screw in each Rod.
13. VIEW COVER ASSEMBLY - When you replace the Cover Assembly, make sure the three tabs at each corner of the Cover Assembly line up and engage the slots on the Cleaner.
14. REPLACE COVER ASSEMBLY - Thread the Cover Assembly cover back over the power cord and place it on top of the Cleaner. Secure it with 4 screws at the corners of the Cover Assembly.
15. REPLACE IMPELLER COVER - Replace the Impeller Cover into the Cover Assembly. Make sure the cover is all the way down and is flush with the Cover Assembly.
16. SECURE IMPELLER COVER - Secure the Impeller Cover with 2 screws. These two screws are slightly shorter than the other screws used so far.
17. CLEANER IS READY - Check that you do not have any extra screws that weren't installed. If not, your Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!