This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for assembling your Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner without the use of tools.The Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner is your answer to a suction pool cleaner that will automatically clean your pool's floor and walls. Your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner comes to you unassembled in about 5 major parts.
1. TOOLS REQUIRED - No tools are required to assemble a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner. It snaps together.
2. COUNT PARTS - Lay out your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner parts to make sure you have received them all. This picture shows all the parts you should have for assembling your Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner and later installing it to a suction port or your pool's skimmer. The first 5 parts are required for assembling the Cleaner. They include: 1- main body, 2- wings, 3- vacuum seal, 4- roller bumper strap and 5- dive float restrictor The last 6 parts are required for installation. They include: 6- eyeball diverter, 7- automatic regulator valve, 8- hose protector, 9- threaded compression adapter, 10- hose weights, and 11- outer ring used with 6. 40 feet of hose sections is not shown. Note: installation is covered in a separate How To Guide.
3. ATTACH WINGS (1) - To attach the wings to the main body of the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner, position the wings from behind the main body and slip them into the groove of the bottom of the main body.
4. ATTACH WINGS (2) - Snap the band clamp into place. It will overlap in front and fit together.
5. PULL ON VACUUM SEAL (1) - The Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner comes with one of two vacuum seals. The Pleated seal works with all pool types: concrete, vinyl, fiberglass, and tile. The Starfish seal is used exclusively in concrete pools. This is a picture of the Starfish seal. You will note that on either seal the words "THIS SIDE UP" are stamped into the top of the seal. When you install the seal, this side must face up towards the main body. The flat side will be down towards the pool floor.
6. PULL ON VACUUM SEAL (2) - To install the vacuum seal, pull it gently over the foot pad until it seats itself on the other side in its groove. When in place, the vacuum seal should rotate freely. Make sure the flat side of the vacuum seal in facing down.
7. ATTACH BUMPER STRAP (1) - Insert the bottom end of the roller bumper strap into the slot provided in the main body.
8. ATTACH BUMPER STRAP (2) - Insert the top end of the roller bumper strap into the locking clip attached to the swivel head of the main body.
9. ATTACH DIVE FLOAT RESTRICTOR - Snap the dive float restrictor into the LOWER U-shaped brace between the dive floats. Be sure to line up the tabs on the dive float restrictor with the slots in the U-shaped brace as shown in the insert.
10. Your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner is now assembled and ready to be installed into your pool. See our How To Guide on Installing and Operation a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!