With the Maytronics Dolphin Pool Cleaner, you will receive all of the information necessary to make your swimming pool experience truly memorable.
Let’s review what we’ve covered so far:
• Filters – Dolphin filter bag/cartridge care (v1.0)
• Service, Warranties & Rebates – The Dolphin Difference (v1.0)
• Navigation – Getting your Dolphin robot “unstuck” (v2.0)
What you’ll learn now:
• Power Supply & Timer – Operating your robotic vacuum (v3.0)
• MyDolphin App & Bluetooth® – Using remote control features (v3.0)
Dolphin robotic vacuums are equipped with energy-efficient features that help minimize pool maintenance. That’s why you own a drop-and-go Dolphin robot in the first place! If you still have questions after reading this or any of our other DIY blogs, pick up the phone and call Maytronics at (888) DOLPHIN. That’s (888) 365-7446.
Your Dolphin Power Supply & Timer
If you can remedy a power supply or timer issue on your own, more power to you! Here’s some targeted advice for doing just that. For added safety, follow these “Pool & Spa Safety Tips” informed by the ESFi or Electrical Safety Foundation Int’l.:
• Comply w/applicable electrical codes.
• Use GFCI hard-wired or portable outlets.
• DO NOT handle electrical devices when wet.
• Keep plugs near water activity covered and dry.
Q. Can we power our Dolphin residential pool cleaner or commercial pool cleaner by using an extension cord?
A. Use an outlet for your pool cleaner instead of an extension cord. Doing so will reduce your pool's safety levels and impair its performance. Having a licensed electrician inspect and install a GFCI outlet for your swimming pool is an essential step to making sure that your Dolphin can easily reach the floor without interference.
Q. Why isn’t our power supply working?
A. If the other devices still won’t work, try plugging in another device. Then, check the outlet’s switch. If that doesn’t work, try reseting the GFI switch.
Q. The power supply works fine—but my Dolphin won’t seem to budge. Why is that?
A. If your pool robot refuses to move, it could be an issue with its power cable. Also, if its Dolphin stops moving when it stops, it could be an impeller issue. Have a closer look:
• Inspect the impeller itself.
• Inspect all tracks and brushes.
• Remove any debris that’s visible.
• Gently rotate the brushes by hand.
• Do they move back and forth easily?
If the resistance doesn’t feel much, then it might be a sign of a hidden obstruction. Take it to an authorized dealer for evaluation and replacement parts.
Q. Why do only some power supply features work?
A. Some features are specific to certain robot pool cleaner models: programmable timer, fast-cleaning mode, delayed start. Search for your model at MaytronicsUS.com to see which features are built-in.
Your MyDolphin App & Bluetooth®
With these answers, you will be able to easily understand how to control your Dolphin pool cleaning robot through its MyDolphin app and Bluetooth control.
Q. Why can’t I get the MyDolphin App or Bluetooth® to work?
A. The app is only for robots with Bluetooth-equipped Advanced Power Supplies. You can set and forget alarms, and it will notify you when it's time to recharge.
Q. Our MyDolphin App displays an error message. What do I do?
A. If an error message pops up, try restarting the app. It’s best if your WiFi connection is 3G or 4G. Too, take the following steps anytime you connect (or reconnect) your Dolphin to the app:
• With your Dolphin “Off,” open its casing.
• Note your unit’s Serial # (near the barcode).
• Close the unit casing, turn it “On” and let it run.
• After 1+ min., connect your smartphone to WiFi.
• Pair via Bluetooth® to your Dolphin—not a neighbor’s.
You’ll know the app is connected if the power supply buttons are overridden in “Disable” mode.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!