Every pool owner knows that having a pool that is also functional all year round is not as easy as dipping in it. Swimming pool ownership requires a large financial commitment, and saving money wherever you can will make a big difference over the long term.
Heating a pool is one area that can become a financial burden, causing your monthly bills to spiral out of control. Pool covers are one accessory that makes it easier to run a pool.
But, have you heard about liquid pool covers? Instead of struggling with a heavy, messy pool cover, you can pour a solution into your pool that is nearly as effective. Liquid pool covers reduce evaporation, which conserves your pool’s temperature.
The innovation of liquid pool cover is the answer to all the shortcomings of traditional polymer and nylon covers. You can use them to prevent evaporation and heat loss without ruining the look of the pool and while keeping it swimmable all the time.
If you are a pool owner, then you need a liquid pool cover. Therefore, we are going to show you the best 7 liquid pool covers available in the market right now.
1. Natural Chemistry 7100 Cover Free Liquid Pool Cover
You’ll be able to save water and money with this product’s advanced mono-layer technology, which creates an invisible barrier.
We found many examples to support Natural Chemistry’s claims that it decreases water evaporation by up to 85% and minimizes heat loss by as much as 70%. This liquid pool cover conserves water and heating energy with its excellent surface tension, which helps it remain in place or reform during swimming.
This product is pH is neutral and safe to use. Since it’s not irritating or dangerous, swimming can be done right after adding it to your pool. The amount of solution you’ll need and how quickly you’ll use the 32-ounce container varies greatly on weather conditions and the volume of water in your pool.
- Advanced mono-layer technology
- 85% decreased water evaporation
- 70% reduced heat loss
- Excellent surface tension
- Safe to use and pH neutral
- Can swim immediately after application
2. SeaKlear Solar Shield – Liquid Solar Cover with Evaporation Formula
Evaporation is the main culprit behind heat loss from the pool water. For that matter, SeaKlear has designed its liquid pool cover to provide maximum protection against evaporation. Its patented solution formula offers best-in-class evaporation reduction. You can use this solution weekly or monthly to considerably reduce the evaporation of the pool water.
As per SeaKlear’s claims, its use can save up to 1,500 gallons of water by cutting down 24/7 evaporation. Moreover, SeaKlear Liquid Pool Cover is also brandished as the best option for pools with irregular shapes because of the omnidirectional sideways movement of its molecules. Its 32-ounce packaging ensures you can use for all pool sizes.
- Unique, patented formulation provides best-in-class evaporation protection
- Long-lasting formula can be dosed monthly or weekly in high evaporation conditions
- Reduces evaporation in the first week of use
- Can help prevent the loss of up to 1,5000 gallons of water per month (In 15,000 Gallon Pool)
- Perfect for large and irregularly-shaped pools
3. LO-CHLOR Aqua Blanket
If you’re considering a high efficiency liquid solar cover, LO-CHLOR Aqua Blanket is the one to choose. Using only 3 oz per 500 sq. ft. of water surface, or approximately 15,000 gal, it’s the most efficient product on the list. It creates an invisible barrier, making it a more visually appealing choice than liquid solar blankets. It is also non-toxic and biodegradable. LO-CHLOR Aqua Blanket saves you money by trapping heat, preventing heat loss over time, and preventing evaporation.
The best part about LO-CHLOR Aqua Blanket is that you can’t feel it while it’s in the water, meaning you can swim all year round while the product is in use and you can’t even tell its there! It’s also non-toxic to humans and animals, meaning you can be sure your family and pets will be safe.
- Energy-saving invisible barrier delivers water conservation by reducing pool water evaporation by up to 40% all year long
- Enjoy the benefits of a physical pool cover without the expense and hassle
-: Saves money, decreases heat loss, and extends your swimming pool season
- Compatible with all sanitizing methods and is safe for all pool surfaces, including vinyl
- Use 3 ounces of formula per 500 square feet of water surface (15,000 gallons) per week
4. SunHeater Shield
SunHeater Shield is one of the most popular liquid solar options. This liquid solar formula is designed to provide a super-thin layer of protection, just like a solar cover. Solar cover for pools can be awkward and hard to manage for some pool owners. SunHeater Shield effectively eliminates any hassle for an easy to use alternative. This liquid solar blanket is completely safe to use and non-toxic. Plus, there aren’t any bad odors when using it. Applying this liquid solar blanket is an excellent way to reduce water usage and eat your pool water.
- Sunheater Liquid Heat Shield helps your pool retain heat by forming an ultra-thin, invisible barrier on top of your pool water that reduces evaporation, the main cause of pool water heat loss.
- The non-toxic, odor-free formula is 100% safe for both swimmers and pool equipment.
- Sunheater Liquid Heat Shield is better than a solar blanket! There’s no messing around with cumbersome blankets and reels, but it can still extend your pool season by keeping the water warmer for longer.
- Not only does this liquid solar blanket for pools retain heat, but the reduced evaporation also helps reduce chemical loss.
- Simply add the amount designated for your pool using the easy-to-read markings on the bottle. Use just 4 oz for every 20,000 gallons of water.
- Sunlight exposure: Full Sun
5. Aquapill Solar Pill Liquid Solar Blanket
The Aquapill Solar Pill Liquid Solar Blanket is the perfect choice for anyone who doesn’t like to worry about whether or not their pool needs maintence. It leaves a clear barrier on the surface of the water to reduce heat loss, and thus less evaporation. This liquid solar cover has a very unique design, it comes in an oblong yellow pill shaped container that holds the active ingredients. To operate you just pop open a premade hole, toss in the pool using your skimmer, then skim out after 30 days, making it the easiest to use liquid solar cover on the list.
We found that the The Aquapill Solar Pill Liquid Solar Blanket doesn’t damage the lining of your pool, or any vinyl, ensuring the safety of your pool. Each pill will cover 12,000 gallons of water for 30 days, meaning less time measuring unlike other liquid solar covers. Aquapill Solar Pill Liquid Solar Blanket is the perfect choice for anyone who may not be able to bend over for long periods of time checking their pools water quality, or for anyone with limited time.
- Simply pop out the pre-marked hole on the AquaPill and place in your skimmer!
- The liquid solar cover rises to the surface of the pool, forming an invisible layer on the surface.
- Once the AquaPill is empty, simply remove from your skimmer.
- Will not damage the vinyl or any other pool surfaces and is absolutely harmless to skin contact.
- Each pill lasts approximately 30 days.
6. TROPICAL FISH LIQUID SOLAR BLANKET LiquidHeat
Replace your existing bulky solar blankets by this Tropical Fish Solar Cover. Liquid heat solar covers create an unseen blockade that limits the Evaporation, the main reason for heat loss from a swimming pool and certainly, preserves water saving money on the pool refills.
Tropical Liquidheat will decrease water evaporation by up to 50% and evaporation counts for 90% of heat loss from a swimming pool. Your pool will be warm rapidly and will stay warmer longer. The liquid heat is eco-friendly, non-toxic and totally safe to all swimmers. Tropical Liquidheat will not affect the chemical balance of your swimming pool or have any effect on your filtration system.
- Reduces water evaporation by up to 50%
- Evaporation accounts for 90% of heat loss from a pool. By reducing evaporation, LiquidHeat helps your pool to stay warmer.
- LiquidHeat automatically spreads out over the surface to cover any shaped pool. For heated pools, LiquidHeat helps retain heat in the pool thus averaging a 15% to 40% savings in energy costs.
- Once a day pour the required amount of LiquidHeat into the pool, no cumbersome bubble blanket to remove.
- LiquidHeat is totally harmless to all swimmers and harmless to pets drinking from the pool surface. It will not effect the chemical balance (PH, chlorine, alkalinity) of the pool. It will not effect the plumbing or filtration and will not damage vinyl liners or any other type of pool surface in any way.
7. Heatsavr Liquid Cover – AN EDA & FDA-Approved Liquid Pool Cover
Ecosavr’s Liquid Pool Cover is ideal for all those homeowners who are worried about hiking up power bills due to pool’s water heating. Its biodegradable formula spreads out on the entire pool surface to retain the water heat by preventing extensive evaporation. Its non-toxic EPA and FDA-approved formula is not just harmless for people indulging in the pool. It is also safe for the skimmer, pump and other features of the pool.
Moreover, you can also use it on salt-water. It will offer the same evaporation prevention. 4 ounces of Heatsavr Liquid Pool Cover is enough to give a solar blanket to a 400 sq-feet pool surface. Heatsavr is available in different bottle sizes to cover both the commercial and residential market.
- Retains heat in your swimming pool otherwise lost due to evaporation
- Creates a "liquid solar cover" on the water greatly enhancing heat retention
- Non-toxic and undetectable by swimmers
- Will not affect other swimming pool chemicals or your filter
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!