Read the following guide and you will spend less time working on the pool and more time playing in it! Do you know that balancing swimming pool chemicals is an important, year-round job? Whether you’re just opening up your pool after a long winter or prepping to host graduation pool parties, staying on top of your pool cleaning chemicals will help keep the poolside fun going all summer long! Today we’ll talk about pool pH decreasers.
It is important to maintain proper pH of 7. 2 to 7. 6 .Important, because if pH is too high, chlorine cannot effectively sanitize and disinfect your water and water will irritate your skin and eyes when you swim. If pH is too low, corrosion can occur and the pool water will irritate your skin.
To bring down pH, use a made-for-pools chemical additive called pH reducer (or pH minus). The main active ingredients in pH reducers are either muriatic acid or sodium bisulfate (also called dry acid). Reducers are readily available at pool supply stores, home improvement centers and online.
The correct amount of a pH reducer depends on the water volume of your pool and its current pH level. Reducers usually come with a guide that takes into account the variables and calculates the proper amounts of pH reducer to add to your pool.
It’s the easy to keep your swimming pool water crystal clear and balanced all season long, with pool water that feels better on your skin and eyes. We've rounded up the 5 most popular pH decreasers fulfills all of these benefits:
1. Eco Clean Pool PH Decreaser Pail
Bring the pH DOWN with Pool & Spa pH REDUCER. Dealing with algae and cloudy water in your pool? Are you using chlorine at a faster rate than normal? This means that the pH of your pool is too high! The pH should lie somewhere between 7.2 and 7.6. If the pH of your pool is higher than 7.6, you need Pool & Spa pH Reducer to lower the pH of your pool. This pool pH reducer makes treatment and maintenance easy and safe for everyone involved. Use this granular sodium bisulfate formula instead of muriatic acid to: - Correct cloudy water - Stabilize chlorine effectiveness - Protect pool motors and equipment - Prevent hard water scaling and algae buildup - Re-establish ideal swimming conditions.
- Pool & Spa pH Increaser raises pH in pool water. Also known as sodium carbonate or soda ash, this product will raise pH levels under 7.2.
- Use soda ash instead of using splashy chemicals to fix pool pH. Simply measure and pour into your pool for lightning-fast pH adjustment.
- Sodium carbonate stabilizes chlorine and other pool chemicals, stopping skin and eye irritation for swimmers.
- Pool & Spa pH Increaser stops corrosion of equipment, etching of plaster, and pool discoloration from dissolved materials.
- 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
2. Clorox Pool&Spa 12105CLX pH Down, 5 lb
Clorox Pool&Spa pH Down lowers high pH that can cause itchy, irritated skin and scale formation on your pool surfaces. The granulated formula simple to apply and dissolves fast, and the easy pour application bag makes this a simpler, faster solution compared to Muriatic Acid. High pH can cause dry, itchy skin and hard-to-remove scale on pool surfaces.
Use this pH decreaser as needed to achieve a suitable range of 7. 2 to 7. 6 to keep your water swim-ready and clear. For use in both traditional chlorine and salt chlorine pools. Test and balance your pool weekly with the Clorox Pool app to maintain clear water, longer lasting equipment, and comfortable swimming.
- Lowers high pH in swimming pool water
- Restores neutral pH
- Protects from scale
- Easier, softer than Muriatic acid - easy pour, no splash application
- Perfect for salt pools
- Power Source Type: Manual
3. Poolife pH Minus
Poolife pH Minus Poolife pH Minus is a balancer which lowers the pH of your swimming pool water. The ideal pH range is 7.2-7.6; anything above that range keeps your sanitizer from working correctly and can cause scale, eye irritation, and skin discomfort.
- Lowers pool pH levels
- Lowers pool alkalinity levels
4. SaltScapes pH Reducer – 8 lb
BioGuard SaltScapes pH Reducer helps to lower ph and total alkalinity levels in salt water pools. As your chlorine generator converts salt in to chlorine it also naturally raises your pools ph level. Ensuring your ph is between 7.2-7.6 will protect your pool surface and equipment.
- Combats high pH that results from the saltwater to chlorine conversion process
- Use to lower pH to ideal range of 7.2-7.6
- Protects pool surfaces and equipment from damage due to high pH
5. No Mor Muriatic Acid Swimming Pool pH Reducer - 2.5 Pounds
No More Muriatic Acid Removes High pH Levels In Your Pool. Dont swim in a pool thats anything less than perfect, and dont waste time on pool maintenance. If you want to reduce your swimming pool's levels of pH and alkalinity without the use of muriatic acid, No More Muriatic Acid is the ideal choice. Using No Mor Muriatic Acid pH reducer is a safer, more efficient, gentler and more effective way to balance your pool's pH levels and alkalinity. This granular chemical works to slowly lower pH
- 2.5 pound container
- Granular chemical that slowly lowers pH and total alkalinity levels
- Fast dissolving, safer to use and gentler than liquid muriatic acid
- Great for use in pools using a chlorine generator
- One 2.5 pound granular bottle is equivalent to 1 gallon of muriatic acid
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!