With a built-in durable design, the Dolphin robotic pool cleaner can be used safely and effectively. To keep it running smoothly, follow these guidelines. Your pool should have pH levels of 7.0 to 8.0. It should also have adequate chlorine levels.
When your pool and/or automatic pool cleaner is not in use, it is best to store it away. This step can be taken to prepare it for storage. This ensures that it’ll be raring to go, when you are—next month, season or year:
• Disconnect your robot from its power supply.
• Drain all water from your Dolphin pool cleaner.
• Remove, clean and reinsert filter bags or cartridges.
• Roll up your Dolphin’s power cable avoiding any kinks.
• Store your robotic vacuum upside down under a shelter.
• Place it, ideally, out of reach of direct sunlight, rain or frost.
• Avoid storage area temps beyond 41-113 deg. F (5-45 deg. C).
Bonus Tip! For best results store your robot on a sturdy Dolphin-sized caddy and under a covering, as these items offer added protection from the elements.
The Assoc. of Pool & Spa Professionals also suggest preparing for the long-term maintenance of hot tubs and pools. Depending on the climate, these tips vary.
- In Mild climates, maintain normal operation.
- That includes water level, pH and routine sanitizing.
- Keep tabs on calcium hardness and total alkalinity levels.
- Cover pools and spas when not in use to keep debris at bay.
- Continue circulating unheated water through the entire system.
- Consider investing in timers, like those on remote control Dolphins.
Bonus Tip! Use Dolphin robotic vacuums to remove debris from your pool system. They can also be used to safely capture and remove fine particles.
Maytronics user manuals are available online at MaytronicsUS.com. Simply identify the model and style of your device to get help from our expert support team. There are also various ways to contact our technical support team. Refer to your User Manual for targeted, model-specific, step-by-step instructions:
- Unplug – the robot’s power supply.
- Flip – your pool cleaner upside down.
- Snap – open up the bottom compartment.
- Remove – filter bag & rinse well with a hose.
- Hose Down – all filter parts & active brushes.
- Launder – filter bags every 2 mos. (gentle cycle).
- Return – filter bag to frame & strap firmly in place.
- Check – filter bag for proper seating within its frame.
Bonus Tip! Use the same amount of water as before to thoroughly clean the filter bag or cartridges. If the debris is stuck near the impeller, remove it using a screwdriver.
This article will give you some helpful hints and tips that will make your life a little easier. They can be of tremendous value when you’re using your Dolphin on a day-to-day or frequent basis.
Again, I urge you to refer to your unit’s own User Manual for specific instructions, as they may vary from model to model:
- Begin by connecting the unit to a power supply.
- Your power supply should be positioned in the shade.
- NEVER power your Dolphin cable via an extension cord.
- Power supplies should be 10+ ft. (3+ m) from the pool’s edge.
- Rinse wonder brushes well, if so equipped, under running water.
- Store your robot in the shade—if not on a caddy, then upside down.
- Use minimal floating cable length, leaving any excess outside of the pool.
- After EACH pool cleaning cycle, rinse the unit’s filter bag or cartridge clean.
- After EACH cycle, take your Dolphin out of the water to preserve plastic parts.
- Soak combined or wonder brushes with water, if so equipped, prior to operation.
- Unplug weekly, untangling the cable and letting it lay flat in the sun for a few hours.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!