It is unpleasant to be swimming in grimy and dirty pool water, so there is a need for a well-functioning filter, which is a vital gadget for maintaining clean pool water. So, there is a need for a well-functioning filter, which is a vital gadget for maintaining clean pool water.
Swimming Pool Sand filters are among the most commonly used pool filters. These types of filters have remained extremely popular among pool owners due to their low-maintenance design. The only real upkeep a sand pool filter needs is the occasional backwash and sand replacement, meaning you probably only need to open the tank once every few years.
The pool sand filter is a high-quality filter system. Unlike other filter systems, this type of filter catches both the large and small dirt particles. The large particles include debris such as hair, insects and leaves. Most filters catch this larger debris quite well.
The difference lies in the smaller dirt particles, the real swimming pool polluters. This category includes algae and phosphates. A sand filter is the only way to remove the invisible little contaminants from your swimming pool.
Today, then, we’re here to make your life as easy as possible on the buying trail. To kick off, we’ll highlight the top 5 pool sand filters:
1. Intex KrystalClear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools with 110-120V
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter system utilizes a vigorous 0.25 horsepower motor to maintain 1200 gallons per hour of water flow rate, which is equivalent to 1050 gallons per hour system rate. This device works perfectly with Intex above ground swimming pools with sixteen feet diameter or below. It is easy to operate with six substantive functions: drain, rinse, re-circulate, backwash, close, and standard filtration. This unit features a built-in time setter to choose your desire working hours every day. The featured user-friendly handle can withstand the continuous operation.
- Specially designed for above ground pools. For use with Intex Easy Set pool models 18’, Frame pool models 16’ or 18’, Oval Frame pool models 20’ X 12’.
- Easy installation – just attach hoses via 1.5" hose fittings and plug in (Partial assembly required).
- System flow rate: 1,180 gph (2,839 lph). Pump flow rate: 1,500 gph (3,785 lph)
- Double insulated pump. Auto timer with preset 2 to 12 hour cycles.
- Includes one easy to clean, replaceable filter cartridge. For best results, replace filter cartridge every 2 weeks. Replacement cartridge: Type A/C.
2. Hayward S166T ProSeries Sand Filter, 16-Inch, Top-Mount
The Hayward ProSeries Sand Filter is dubbed by many as the best pool sand filter for its quality features. This high-performance filter uses a corrosion-resistant tank to help it last longer. For installation purposes, the flange clamp allows for 360-degree rotation.
It has a 7-position VariFlo valve to cut back on pressure drop. This filter can support 100lbs of sand. It’s a multipurpose tool as you can use it for above ground pools, in-ground pools, aquariums, and even ponds.
- High-performance top-mount sand filter for above-ground, on-ground, small in-ground pools, and aquariums
- Corrosion-proof filter tank molded of color-fast material for long-lasting; 7-position vari-flo valve provides maximum flow at lower pressure drop
- Durable; large pressure sand/water drain for rapid winterizing or servicing; round base included; all-weather performance
- Flange clamp design allows 360-degree rotation for easy installation
- Integral top diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the entire sand bed for maximum use of the filtration area
3. Rx Clear Radiant 24 Inch Sand Filter System for In-Ground Pools
This Rx Clear Radiant is ergonomically designed for inground pool to handle filtration routines. This unit offers an efficient, and easy to install within a breeze. The core advantage of this RX Clear Radiant is the one-piece well-molded tank located at the top of the universal base suitable for all pumps. The pump incurs low operation and maintenance costs. The featured luster balls are clog-resistant and need less backwashing for adequate maintenance purposes. It is a perfect replacement for fiberglass, glass media, and sand filter.
- This filter is designed to handle the filtration needs of many of today's pools. It provides an efficient, easy-to-use operating system that will assist in keeping your above-ground pool water crystal clean and safe for swimming.
- The Rx Clear Radiant 24-inch sand filter is designed for inground pools measuring up to 33,000 gallons. It is compatible with the following swimming pool sizes: 12’ round, 15’ Round, 18' Round, 21' Round, 24' Round, 27' Round, 30' Round, 33' Round, 12’ x 24’ Oval, 15' x 24' Oval, 18' x 33' Oval and 18' x 36' Rectangular
- Labeled ports on the 6-way top mount filter valve are clearly visible for the pump and return. Comes with 1.5 inch threaded connections, a filter base and user’s manual.
- For optimal performance, this 24” unit requires the following media amounts: 6 Boxes RX Clear Luster Filter Media, 150 lbs.of Zeo-Clear Filter Media or 300 lbs of traditional Grade 20 Silica Sand
- The core of these systems is the one-piece blow-molded tank. The interior consists of the stand pipe and laterals. This filter tank comes with a 3-Year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Filter media and hoses are sold separately.
4. Pentair Sand Dollar Above-Ground Filter System
The Pentair Sand Dollar filter comes with a unique blow-molded tank and this process creates a one-piece, non-corrosive tank of unequaled strength and durability. A combination water and sand drain make servicing and winterizing this filter fast and easy.
- Sand Dollar aboveground filter system with blow-molded tank
- Combination water and sand drain makes servicing and winterizing fast and easy
- Unionized pump to filter connection
- Six position 1-1/2-inch. multiport valve
- Measures 32-1/2-inch length by 35-inch height by 32-1/2-inch width
5. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
With the Sand Master Soft Sided Sand Filter System, you can get an economical filter that features a stable pump (20 GPM). It is suitable for pools that are up to 9,600 gallons and has a 4-position multiport valve and system base.
Concerning what this sand filter is made of, it features a 12-inch filter tank. This is designed to be corrosion proof to help give it longevity. The tank is capable of housing 42lbs of sand. This system can readily be installed, and it operates on 115V.
- Filter and pump combo
- Suitable for above ground swimming pools
- Easy to assemble
- No need for fittings/adapters
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!