Our guide here about Intex pool chemicals should be of great help for first time Intex pool owners.
If you own an Intex pool, it’s worth knowing that good maintenance and care goes a long way for extending the lifespan of your investment. And whether you’re setting up your Intex pool for the first time, or for the 5th summer in a row, adding the right chemicals is SUPER important. Using Intex pool chemicals is a very straight forward process and can be done within an hour once you’ve got used to it.
1) Calcium Hardness increaser
In the Swim Pool Calcium Hardness Increaser is a great way to resolve low hardness levels.The pH of your pool is an important measure as it determines the alkalinity or acidity of your pool. Striking the proper pH balance in your pool water is critical for safe and enjoyable swimming which is why many pool owners may find the need to use an alkalinity increaser from time to time. Generally speaking, you'll need to increase pool alkalinity whenever the pH drops below 7. 4 or when alkalinity levels drop below 80 ppm. Ideally, you'll always want alkalinity to range between 80 and 120 ppm and should you dip below this you'll need to use a pool alkalinity increaser.When alkalinity is too high, your pool water is equally unsafe and scales will begin to form on your pool and pool equipment. Granular alkalinity increaser can help to prevent these problems by stabilizing the pool pH and ensuring that your pool is safe for swimming. More importantly, maintaining a balanced pH by effectively administering an alkalinity increaser also ensures that your pool water is refreshing and enjoyable on even the hottest summer day.Calcium Chloride To Raise Pool Water Hardness Levels.
- Calcium increaser for pools prevents corrosive water from damaging pool surfaces, pool equipment and other areas around the pool
- Fast acting granular calcium chloride raises pool hardness quickly
- Dosage is approximately 6 lbs. per 10,000 gallons of water to raise hardness level about 50 ppm
- Use In The Swim calcium hardness increaser when your hardness level drops below 150 ppm
- Available in several different sizes
- Also works great as a snow melt product
2) Super Algaecide 7.1% Copper Algaecide
Due to its high concentration Super Pool Algaecide is used in smaller, easy to measure doses but works much faster than the competition. Effectively controls most types of algae in swimming pools without the troublesome and unsightly foaming caused by other algaecides. Available in Quarts and Half-Gallon sizes. Super algaecide by We are not only reliable, but also safe and effective. This copper algaecide will eliminate algae from your pool and keep your water clear.
- Copper algaecide formula is effective against most types of algae.
- Provides superior algae-fighting power with long lasting effects.
- Safe enough to swim directly after use.
- Non-foaming formula, with no odor.
- Contains 7.1% Chelated Copper (chelated to protect from staining).
- Maintenance dosage of super algaecide is 2 ounces per 10,000 gallons.
- Spring start-up dosage is 4 ounces per 10,000 gallons.
- See Also: Black Algaecide and Sea-Klear 90-Day Algaecide, two other copper algaecides.
3) Super Floc Clarifier
In The Swim Super Floc Out Clarifier is a liquid flocculant that settles suspended particles by breaking the surface tension of the pool. Having these particles settle on the pool bottom allows it to be vacuumed into the filter or out to waste. Super Floc will help you remove dead algae, non-living organic contaminants, and is safe for all pools and filters. Super floc is a clear odorless liquid and does not affect pH or sanitizer levels.
- For best results adjust pH to 7.5-8.0. If pool is green, first treat with Super Pool Shock, until water turns blue-grey color.
- For filters with a multiport valve with "recirculate", then add Super Floc Out directly to the skimmer, per label dosage.
- For filters without a multiport valve, Super floc out can be diluted in a bucket of water and poured evenly over the pool surface.
- Run pump for 2 hours and then shut off and wait 12-48 hours for everything to settle to the bottom.
- Then vacuum to waste and your problems are gone.
4) Pool First Aid
Pool First Aid combines our powerful SMARTZyme technology with an organic clarifier to fix pool problems fast. It is non-toxic and non-irritating. Pool First Aid is a powerful pool problem solver that works very fast - often without scrubbing!
- Natural Chemistry Pool First Aid clears water of contaminants like paint, suntan oil, pollen, organic waste and more
- Natural Enzymes and fast acting polymer Clarifier quickly removes waterline build-up and clears clogged pool filters
- Smartzyme enzyme technology is a powerful yet biodegradable formula
- Significantly reduces the need for cleaning filters with harsh chemicals
- Pool First Aid can greatly reduce the need for chemical pool shocking
- Compatible with all pool sanitizers
- Dosage: 2 oz. per 1,000 gallons of water (equals about 1 cap full for every 2,000 gallons)
5) Caribbean Blue Forever Clean Swimming Pool Weekly Enzyme Pool & Spa Chemicals
Clear up cloudy water with Caribbean Blue Forever Clear Clarifier presented by Pool Stuff Express. The multi-dimensional clarifier designed to remove oils, soaps, and other contaminants from your pool water. Unlike other petroleum based clarifiers, Caribbean Blue Forever Clear Clarifier has an all natural chitin base found in crab and shrimp shells.
- Eliminates scum buildup from bather load
- Keeps water lines clean
- pH neutral for use with ANY pool sanitizer
- Using a few ounces weekly keeps the pool clean
- No worries about lotions, oils, makeup, and hairsprays anymore!
6) HTH 42033 Super 3" Tablets Swimming Pool Chlorine, 5 lbs
Protect your indoor and outdoor swimming pool against bacteria, algae, and other organisms and enjoy clean, clear water with HTH Super 3" Chlorinating Tablets. This stabilized chlorine sanitizer comes in 3” tablets for use in feeders, floaters and skimmers; it's also compatible with saltwater systems. Easy to use and slow dissolving to provide a steady source of free available chlorine, one tablet treats 10,000 gallons of water for up to one week. These chlorine tablets are formulated with cyanuric acid, CYA, to help protect against chlorine loss due to sunlight, and they have built-in algae protection and clarifier.
- BENEFITS: Sanitizes and protects your pool water so you can enjoy swimming in clean and clear water all season long
- USE: Place a tab in pool skimmer, floater, or feeder for simple, DIY pool care; 1 tablet treats 10,000 gallons of water for up to a week
- COMPATIBILITY: Vinyl-lined pools and saltwater systems
- FEATURES: Kills bacteria and algae; Chlorinates for up to 1 week; Clarifies water; Sun protected for longer chlorine life
- INCLUDES: One 5-lb container of Super Chlorinating Tablets for swimming pools
7) BioGuard SilkGuard Complete 3 Inch Chlorinating Tablets (3.5 lb)
BioGuard SilkGuard Complete Multi-Benefit 3 Inch Chlorinating Tablets are a revolutionary product exclusive to BioGuard. These chlorine tablets differ from traditional chlorine because the SilkGuard Technology actually softens the water by attaching to hard water components and metal surfaces, which protects your pool surface and equipment from scale, corrosion and staining, all while killing bacteria. SunShield Technology offers protection from the sunlight while the SmartGuard Technology helps the tablets last longer than traditional chlorine tablets. Last but not least Algae killing crystals help stop algae before it starts.
- Creates Softer Water
- Lasts Longer
- Contains Algae Killing Crystals
- 84% Available Chlorine
8) Clorox Pool&Spa Green Algae Eliminator2 32 oz
Clorox Pool&Spa Awesome Algaecide kills and prevents all types of swimming pool algae, including green, mustard and black algae. The fast-acting formula clears algae outbreaks and provides awesome algae protection with results in just 24 hours. The non-foaming, algae prevention solution is great for all pool types, including those with water features. Use weekly as a preventative algae treatment or to get rid of an existing pool algae problem. Swim-ready in 15 minutes. Always apply chemicals according to label directions. For best results, test and balance your swimming pool water at least once per week during your pool season.
- Non-foaming formula
- Effective kill and preventative treatment
- Suitable for all pools
9) Puri Tech Pool Chemicals 25 lb Total Alkalinity Increaser Plus for Swimming Pool Water Increases Total Alkalinity Prevents Water from Cloudiness or Scaling
BRAND NEW PACKAGING: ALL Puri Tech Chemicals now come in resealable bags for your convenience. Raises total alkalinity in swimming pool water. Total alkalinity balance is a crucial component of water balance. Low alkalinity level can cause pH levels to fluctuate. High alkalinity levels can cause the water to cloud or scale.
- BRAND NEW PACKAGING: All Puri Tech Chemicals now ome in resealable bags for easy storage
- Active Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate
- Raises total alkalinity in swimming pool water. Total alkalinity balance is a crucial component of water balance. Low alkalinity level can cause pH levels to fluctuate. High alkalinity levels can cause the water to cloud or scale.
- Directions: Spread over the deepest part of the pool and circulate pump a minimum of 4 hours.
- Dosage: 1.5lbs per 10,000 gallons to raise total alkalinity level 10ppm.
10) Clorox Pool&Spa 12016CLX Pool Total Alkalinity Increaser, 16-Pound, White
Keeps pool pH balancedProtects against eye and skin irritationReduces pool maintenanceIncreases total alkalinity in pool waterProtects equipmentNOTE: Packaging may varypower source type: ManualKeeps pool pH balanced Protects against eye and skin irritation Reduces pool maintenance Increases total alkalinity in pool water Protects equipment NOTE: Packaging may vary power source type: Manual
- Keeps pool pH balanced
- Protects against eye and skin irritation
- Reduces pool maintenance
- Increases total alkalinity in pool water
- Protects equipment
- NOTE: Packaging may vary
- power source type: Manual
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!