Pool leaks can be grating, especially when you don’t know where the leak is coming from. While it is normal for swimming pools to get marred from time to time, that doesn’t make fixing pool leaks any less of a hassle. This is a common problem that plagues many concrete pool owners. Leak repairs can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, so it’s important to know the details associated with them.
It's natural for your pool to lose some water to evaporation, some to splash out, and some to backwashing your filter. But if you routinely need to add more than two inches of water to your pool per week, you may have a leak.
Pools can leak through fittings or accessories, plumbing, or shell. It is important to pay attention to pool leaks to save water, heat, and chemicals. Controlling pool leaks can also prevent any future damage to your pool’s structural components.
There are easy steps to repairing pool leaks but a concrete pool leak repairs can be extensive and costly, depending on the damage. After pinpointing the culprit of the leak, you may be able to repair it yourself with a temporary patch, or you’ll be forced to immediately call professionals to make the repairs (we strongly advise getting leaks fixed by a professional ASAP). Before you call the local pool tech, give your pool a once-over and determine whether you can't fix it yourself.
So, if you can take care of the problem yourself, you can use a leak sealer for your pool. For your convenience, we’ve rounded up some of the best. Read on to learn more about the top 5 popular leak sealers for pools:
1. Pool Putty Epoxy Leak Sealer Repair Kit
Two Part Hand Moldable Epoxy Comes in One Easy Tube. No Mixing Bowls Or Clean Up Required. Can Be Temporary Or Permanent Depending Upon Your Needs. Trusted By Leak Detection Pros For Almost 40 Years.
- No Need To Drain The Pool! - Trusted By The Pros For Almost 40 Years
- Re-attach Missing Tiles With The Right Prep - See The Videos!
- Professional Swimming Pool Leak Detector Demos Simple Tricks To Mixing Epoxy And Surface Prep So You Get It Right The 1st Time. Multiple Videos Demo Skimmer Repair, Cracks In Plaster, Working With Tile, Spa Spillway, Pool Light Repair, Etc.
- Works On Spa Spillways, Return Jets, Lights, Bottom Drains & Pool Plaster Repair
2. Marlig Industries Seal Marlig Fix Pool and Spa Leak Sealer-8 oz
Finds and fixes leaks fast! Marlig Fix-A-Leak is a safe, blended concentrated liquid material designed to permanently seal small leaks and small holes in spa shells and swimming pool plumbing. This concentrated formula will permanently seal leaks and holes up to 1/8 inch in diameter in most any material. Spa Dosage: 8 oz. per 1,000 gallons, Pool Dosage: 1 qt. per 22,000 gallons.
- Designed to fix leaks for Pools, Spas, & Hot Tubs in virtually any material
- Will permanently seal holes up to 1/8" in diameter
- Use 8 oz per 1,000 gallons for minor leaks. A second bottle can be added for larger leaks
- Country of Origin: USA
3. Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer
The Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer product will effectively seal up minor leaks in pools and spas. If left untreated, pool and spa leaks can destroy the equipment and plumbing. Before your minor leak turns into a professional's problem, use Leak Sealer to save your pool or spa from an expensive fix. This product will not seal vinyl liners.
- Works on both pools and spas
- Seals most leaks in just a day
- Easy to use formula
- 2 Pack
4. Leakmaster Pool Leak Detection Kit
Here’s How You Can Repair Any Leak Like A Pro! Looking for an effective swimming pool leak dye detection kit? Want to learn how to fix them yourself? Need an all-inclusive leak repair bundle that will offer you a bigger bang for your buck? Breathe A Sigh Of Relief! Now You Can Fix Your Pool Yourself & Save Your Time, Effort & Money!
When it comes to the best pool leak detection systems, the Leakmaster all-in-1 kit stands alone. Here are carefully combined all the items you might need .
- DETECT & FIX THE LEAK YOURSELF: Now you can locate precise swimming pool leak locations and fix them yourself with the Leakmaster all-inclusive pool and hot tub leak tester kit for DIYers.
- ENOUGH LEAK DYE FOR THE WHOLE POOL: Our 4-in-1 bundle includes a spa leak detector kit with a handy syringe and 8oz of leak locating pool dye, so you can easily refill your syringe up to 43 times!
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE POOL LEAK SEALER: Found the crack? Use this professional-grade white underwater epoxy putty, which contains both resin and catalyst, and repair the leak without draining your pool.
- STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS: No experience? No problem! Our must-have DIY bundle comes with instructional how-to videos so you can properly mix the putty stick and make it stick to a surface. Common leak locations shown.
40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN A SINGLE BUNDLE: When it comes to convenient, reliable and easy- to-use swimming pool leak detection and repair systems, we have more than four decades of experience under our belt.
5. Epoxybond Pool Putty 2-Part Set | Swimming Pool & Spa Repair
3 easy steps! Now anyone can repair cracks and leaks in or around your Pool, Tile, Concrete, Fiberglass, and a Variety of Other Surfaces. Cures / hardens underwater or above the water. Perfect DIY!
- SAFE AND LASTING HAND-MOLDABLE PUTTY APPLY TO FIX LEAKS UNDERWATER: So easy and safe to use. Simply mix 1-to-1, mold putty in your hands, and apply to the area where leak or crack.
- STOPS LEAKS & FILLS CRACKS: Once the putty is applied to the leak/crack, it will harden underwater where it will cure/harden. It will not shrink or sag.
- SIMPLE TO APPLY EVEN UNDERWATER – NO NEED TO DRAIN POOL: Our team formulated this product to cure underwater, so you won’t have to drain your pool. Can be used above or underwater.
- RESTORE CHIPPED & BROKEN TILE: No need to live with chipped or broken tile. Use Epoxybond Pool Putty to repair and restore broken and chipped tile.
- COLOR WON’T FADE TO YELLOW, SAG, OR SHRINK: Once it has cured, formulated to keep its color and stay hardened without shrinking, turning yellow, or sagging.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!