These little buying reviews provide a breakdown of the 5 best hot tub shocks. Hot tub shock is a valuable tool in your arsenal for keeping your water chemically balanced and safe to enjoy, if used properly. It's called a shock because it literally rips the electrons off harmful particles in the water, leaving them susceptible to being destroyed quite quickly. So, lets take a closer look:
1. Hot Tub Things Oxidizing Spa Shock 2.2 Pounds - Prevents Organic Buildup and Cloudy Water
Oxidizing Spa Shock is a powerful oxygen-based oxidizer. When used regularly, this product will help eliminate contaminants introduced by bathers and environmental factors like rain and wind. Our chlorine-free formula restores sparkle and clarity to your hot tub water without raising chlorine levels or producing combined chlorine. This product is gentle on spa surfaces. This product restores sparkle and clarity to spa water. It will not increase calcium hardness or stabilizer levels. This product contains no chlorine or other disinfectants.
- Use shock weekly to control and prevent organic buildup that causes cloudy water!
- America's #1 Trusted Brand of Hot Tub Chemicals
- Safety Tested to Assure Quality, Guaranteed Performance
- Formulated Exclusively for Hot Tubs And Made from the Purest Chemicals Available
- Compare to Leisure Time Renew
2. SpaGuard Enhanced Spa Shock 6#
SpaGuard Enhanced Shock 6#. SpaGuard Enhanced Shock is a multipurpose shock with four functions in one: shocks, clarifies, flocculent and pH buffer. Restores water sparkle Removes unpleasant odors Treats and soak in as soon as 15 minutes Compatible with Chlorine or brominated spas and those using ozone or ionization systems.. 58.2% Sodium Dichloro-s-Triazinetrione
- SpaGuard Enhanced Shock (6 lb)
- Multi-Purpose shock with four functions in one: Shocks, Clarifies, Flocculent and pH Buffer
- Restores Spa Water Sparkle and Removes Unpleasant Odors
- Compatible with chlorinated or brominated spas and those using ozone or ionization systems
- Treat and Soak in as soon as 15 Minutes!
3. Clorox Pool&Spa Shock XtraBlue 1 lb
Enjoying your beautiful pool just got easier with the convenience and power of Shock XtraBlue. Other pool shocks stop at clearing a cloudy pool, but Clorox Pool&Spa Shock XtraBlue goes beyond other shocks to keep your water beautiful and swim-ready all season. The fast dissolving pool shock formula not only removes the bacteria and contaminants that can cause cloudy water, Shock XtraBlue also helps control algae growth including common green algae, slimy mustard algae, and stubborn black algae. It works this hard for you without bleaching your liner or affecting pH like other brands of pool shock. Use Shock XtraBlue as part of your weekly maintenance for sparkling, crystal clear water all season long.
- Easy open, easy pour bottles
- Multi-functional pool shock with algae-fighting crystals
- Creates crystal clear water
- Kills and prevents green, black and mustard algae
- Kills bacteria
- Improves filter performance
- Reduces chlorine odor and eye irritation
- Won't impact pH
4. Spa Selections 86257 Chlorinating Granules Shock Treatment for Spas and Hot Tubs, 1 lb
The Spa Selections Chlorinating Granules is an effective sanitizer that protects spa and hot tub water against chlorine loss, optimizing usage and comfort with no sediment. This spa care chemical is convenient and easy to use to control the growth of algae, kill bacteria, and destroy organic materials.
- Destroys algae and prevents growth while killing bacteria and other organic material so you can fully enjoy your jacuzzi all season long
- Apply to your spa or hot tub in the evening while your filter pump is running
- Great for most spa and hot tub systems; For best results, use with Spa Selections pool care products
- Fast acting; Easy to use; No sediment
- includes one 1-lb container of chlorinating granules, pool care chemicals for your spa or hot tub
- Power Source Type: Manual
5. SPA FROG Maintain Non-Chlorine Maintenance Shock Single Use Packets 12-Pack with Bonus Hot Tub Water Balancing Guide
- The new, shockingly easy one dose non-chlorine maintenance shock for keeping your water clean and crystal clear
- Frog Maintain Maintenance Shock removes contaminants in the water in your hot tub in as little as 15 minutes!
- NON-CHLORINE SHOCK MEANS YOU GET THE CLEAN WITHOUT CHLORINE -With no chlorine, there is no Cyanuric Acid build up that causes hard to manage, irritating water and frequent draining and refilling.
- Makes shocking your Hot Tub super easy - No measuring needed and no guessing either – to deliver clean, crystal clear water, simply cut the convenient one dose packet and pour.
- This Spa Frog Maintain Non-Chlorine Shock 12-pack includes a BONUS Hot Tub Pirate Approved Hot Tub Water Balancing Guide.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!