Having your own pool at home brings joy to you and your family. You can relax and have fun with your family during the weekends or invite friends over for a barbecue and poolside fun as well. But the fun stops when it’s time to clean the pool. Almost everyone wants to swim and have fun but when it comes to pool maintenance, no one seems to be available.
However, why waste your time cleaning the pool when you can enjoy and have fun? With a Zodiac Pool Cleaner, you can enjoy your pool as it is being cleaned.
For years, Zodiac pool cleaners have proven their effectiveness in cleaning swimming pools. Zodiac is an established American pool cleaner manufacturer with durable, efficient, and high-quality pool cleaners. Zodiac line of products are suction pool cleaners, which are quite different from pressure and robotic cleaners.
We’ve reviewed the best Zodiac pool vacuum cleaners that are designed to keep your pools clean. Below, you’ll see what we feel are 5 of the best Zodiac suction pool cleaners that you can get today.
1. Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Robotic Pool Cleaner is the best overall option for your pool. It has several features that make it ideal and effective at cleaning your pool. One such feature is its maX-Drive navigation.
When connected to a vacuum line, its navigation system allows it to run up the wall instead of being stopped. This means you're able to have a single vacuum clean your entire pool without needing to switch between different models.
The adjustable intake is also ideal. You can easily switch between the various intake sizes to ensure the vacuum is able to pick up any kind of debris. It's effective at cleaning fine sand as well as larger debris like leaves.
Part of its ability to clean up larger messes is due to its cyclonic suction. It has dual cyclonic suction that allows strong pressure to pass through the vacuum, enabling it to pick up large and small debris.
The size of the vacuum head also has a wider cleaning path than other models. It can clean more in less time.
It can sometimes be difficult to connect a pool cleaner to a vacuum line. This model makes it easier by providing its twist-lock hose.
The two hoses can be easily connected to one another, then twisted to create a seal. You'll spend less time putting the cleaner together and more time cleaning the pool. The twist-lock technology also reduces the loss of power and suction.
Finally, the Flex Power Turbine makes operating the cleaner on low flow pumps easy. No matter if you have a solar, variable-speed, or two-speed pump, this cleaner will run efficiently and continue to provide strong cleaning suction capabilities.
- Adjustable intake allows easy switch between fine debris and larger debris
- Large cleaning path for faster cleaning times
- Can be used on floor, walls, and surface of the water
2. Zodiac MX6
The MX6 is a smaller-brother version of the MX8.
This narrower pool cleaner has excellent maneuverability in and around pools, and its sticky tracks actually allow it to climb walls relatively well, though waterline cleaning is certainly out of the question.
The MX6, like the MX8, is compatible with low- and high-pressure filter pumps so it will most likely work with your pool’s current setup. The biggest difference between the two is the MX6’s somewhat unsurprising inability to handle large debris as well as the MX8.
You should definitely be mindful of what sort of contaminants are in your pool before getting this unit.
- Innovative low-flow design makes it ideal for pools with 2-speed or variable speed pumps
- Cyclonic suction for powerful vacuuming and articulating turbine blade for aggressive wall-climbing
- Swiveling hoses are quick-connect style for easy assembly
- Includes automatic Weir Valve, 90° Twist Lock Elbow, 7 x 1.2m Twist Lock Hose Lengths, Flow Regulator Valve, Hose Float, Hose Protector, Warranty Card.
3. Zodiac Baracuda G3
One of the quietest suction pool cleaners on the market is the Baracuda G3, a Creepy Crawly type of device that uses a wide disc with 36 fin points to gently loosen debris from edges and corners.
Connected to a long, adjustable hose, you can have the Baracuda clean virtually any pool of any shape and any size.
The lack of moving parts in the Baracuda G3 means less worry over maintenance. The disc is made to clean most types of pool liners, although we’d recommend not using this in concrete pools that can wear the disc too quickly.
To get the most out of this tool, toy around with the flowkeeper valve until it produces optimal suction power.
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with lower horsepower pumps.
- Wheel Deflector for movement around tight corners.
- Scuff-resistant Long-Life Hoses eliminate scuffs on all pool surfaces.
- 36-Fin Disc increases adhesion to pool surface and avoids getting hung-up on lights, drains covers, fittings and other pool features.
- Durable Long-Life Diaphragm with reliable, one-moving-part-technology
4. Zodiac CX35
A practical, powerful and intelligent Robot that will clean any pool of any shape and surface delivering reliable and impeccable results with minimum inconveniences.
It will not only do a good job requiring little attention from you but as it works intelligently and independently from your pool filtration, it will deliver savings on electricity.
Exclusive to Pool and Spa Warehouse. It is a premium model, based on the proven Zodiac CX20 platform, which has become the best-selling robotic pool cleaner in Australia.
Its long power cord allows it to work in large pools and the included premium features like the timer and caddy make it easy to operate, store and transport.
- Impeccable Cleaning: Power and intelligence work together. Great suction power thanks to its CyclonX Technology ensures no suction loss and the capability of capturing all sort of debris and leaves. Its sophisticated intelligence ensures efficient pool coverage.
- Prevents Algae & Bacteria: Its powerful brushing helps prevent germination of algae and bacteria and reduces the need for using chemicals
- Floor, Wall & Waterline: Thoroughly cleans and scrubs the pool floor, walls and waterline in all Pool shapes. Its high grip tracks are built to climb walls in Australian pools.
- Any Pool: Cleans any pool of any shape. Thanks to its long 18m power cord, it is suitable for large pools.
- Convenient: included premium caddy makes it easy to operate, transport and store.
- Easy to Use: Fully plug and play. With the inclusion of Zodiac’s e-Box, a simple touch of a button is all that it’s needed to operate it. Control 6 cleaning cycles and customize cleaning time with timer adjustment
- Hygienic: Never touch debris again. Its filter canister has been designed to be easily accessed and cleaned with minimum fuss and without having to touch the contents.
- Save on Electricity: As it uses its own power source and filtration mechanism it does not use, drain nor clog your pool filtration system, which in combination with its intelligent algorithms and energy-efficient design drastically minimizes energy use.
- 2 Years Warranty
5. Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner is a great option for above-ground pools. It requires a certain amount of power that an above-ground pool pump should be able to offer. That does mean, however, that it isn't suitable for in-ground pools.
That being said, the Ranger can deliver serious cleaning power for above-ground pools. The AG Disc is responsible for steering it along your pool.
It can climb up the walls, clean the bottom of your pool, and even clean around your stairs. If you have a deep above-ground pool, then the Ranger is still effective. It can clean up to 72-inches in depth.
It also contains a deflector to keep it from becoming blocked or tangled up.
Since only one part of it moves, maintenance on this cleaner is easy. You can easily remove the canister, unclog it if necessary, then push it back in and get it back to work. It's also considerably quieter than other pool cleaners.
One of the best aspects of this pool cleaner is that it comes pre-assembled. You're able to hook it up to your pump immediately and start cleaning your pool.
- Can clean up to 72-inch depths
- Quiet cleaner
- Pre-assembled allows you to start cleaning immediately
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!