Keeping your swimming pool clean makes it more inviting – and helps prevent potentially harmful buildup that can endanger the health of your friends and family. You need to take care of a lot of things to make sure your pool remains functional without giving you overhead headaches.
Cleaning your pool can be quite a tedious chore, but by investing in a Polaris pool cleaner, you can save yourself time, effort, and maybe a little back pain.
For over 40 years, Polaris has been an all-American powerhouse of a brand – providing cleaning solutions to thousands of satisfied pool owners. Currently the best-selling brand for pool cleaners on the market, it’s held that spot for various reasons – foremost being its outstanding technology, high reliability, and ease of installation.
However, when choosing, it’s important to get a cleaner compatible with your pool. To make things easier for you, we reviewed Polaris pool vacuum cleaners to help you choose the best model.
One of the great things about the Polaris F9550 is how compact it is. Sometimes, dealing with pool cleaners is a job in and of itself; you won’t have that issue with this model.
This pool cleaner is undoubtedly not the cheapest on the market, but the quality of the job that it does on your pool is worth the extra money. This model is entirely programable, allowing you to set it up to focus on the dirtiest areas of the pools. In addition to the programming, this model comes with a remote that will allow you to direct it to specific areas that need attention.
Some robotic pool cleaners can struggle with irregular shaped pools, but you will not run into that with the Polaris F9550. Also, the Polaris does not struggle with larger particles like leave and twigs. Overall, this option is a bit more expensive than some others, but it will leave your pool looking clean and save you a ton of time. F9550 Pool Cleaner
- Compact and Quite
- Runs Smoothly
- Can be Easily Assembled
- Easy to Clean
- Sturdy Mesh Filter
2. Polaris VacSweep 360 pool cleaner
A powerful pressure-side pool cleaner, the Polaris VacSweep features the iconic three-wheel design. It scrubs, vacuums, and sweeps all contaminants from all pool surfaces, whether they are concrete, tiles, or fiberglass, to provide a cleaner pool. It is a budget-friendly option with few bells and whistles but still does an amazing job in cleaning your pool.
- Energy-efficient: The Polaris VacSweep is suitable for all in-ground pools. It operates without an extra booster pump, thus ensuring maximum energy efficiency.
- Triple jets: This pool cleaner is designed with triple jets that provide spotless cleaning. These jets create a vortex and vacuum up all the medium and large debris.
- Excellent performance: The Polaris VacSweep is a durable unit that will stay with you for a long time. If your pool is near trees or if it gets dirty quickly, you will be running your pool filter for hours. However, with this cleaner, you can sweep up the leaves and twigs, decreasing your filter’s workload.
- In-line back-up valve: The VacSweep 360 is capable of freeing itself if it gets cornered. This ensures uninterrupted cleaning of your pool.
- Unique filter bag: This cleaner works on a pool circulation pump, eliminating the need for a booster pump. Its filter bag gets rid of the debris before it can reach the pump filter or basket, enhancing the life of your filtration system.
3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
If you own an above ground pool, the Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 is the perfect tool for keeping it clean. It’s fantastic for pretty much any above ground pool up to 5 feet deep. The Vac-Sweep 65 is powered by the pressure of clean water as it returns to your pool and the whole installation takes only a few minutes. As a result, this cleaner will leave your filter and skimmer free
The Vac-Sweep 65 operates with a pump and filtration system, normally found on above ground pools. It’s impressively fast, able to sweep all sides in three hours or less. The patented jet sweep assembly will gently blow water against the pool walls and floor to loosen any debris. It can even clean in hard-to-reach places and collect all the debris in the easily removable filter bag.
The mentioned filter bag can pick up larger debris like twigs and pebbles, preventing it from reaching the pump and causing potential damage. Besides above ground pools, the Vac-Sweep 65 can also work with inground vinyl or fiberglass pools, which is a big plus. It comes with a user’s manual and, of course, the Polaris’ warranty we talked about.
- Uses the pools existing pump and filtration system
- Works with any type of above-ground pool
- Quick and easy installation
- Filter bag removes even larger debris
- Cleans entire pool in under 3 hours
4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner is a powerful unit that can handle grime and dirt in all in-ground pools. You can quickly and easily connect the pressure-side Polaris pool cleaner to your dedicated pressure line and start your clean-up. Remember, however, that this model requires a booster pump.
The 280 is best known for its three-wheel design, and it can work like a pro regardless of the shape and size of your pool. It can effectively scrub, sweep, and vacuum your pool, as well as clean the bottom of it.
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 features a large opening ideal for large debris like acorns, leaves, and pebbles – so you don’t need to worry if you have a considerable amount of foliage around your pool. With its dual venturi-jet vacuum, you can be sure that it has more than enough power to suck everything in.
Since it can collect larger debris, it also comes with a large-capacity filter bag. The Polaris 280 can gather all the rubbish even before it reaches your filter and pump basket. This is a huge perk – it means less time and money spent on filter cleaning work. You are also helping extend the longevity of your pool’s filtration system.
- Works in all in-ground pools; requires Polaris booster pump. Pool Type / Surface - Inground / All
- Palletized in multiples of 16 units; TailSweep PRO Compatibility-YES
- Ready to connect to 1.5-inch dedicated pressure cleaner line
- Includes 31-feet of feed hose. Vacuum Inlet: 2.25 inches
- Compatible with model Polaris 480 and 280 cleaner. NOT COMPATIBLE with Polaris 360 and 380 model pool cleaner
5. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Pool Cleaner
When we hooked it up, the first thing we thought about the Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport side pool cleaner is that it’s fast. It moves around the pool very quickly, thanks to the improved torque and power present in the sport model. Of course, you’re paying a premium for that extra power.
Everything evens out in the end though, and that power has a drawback. It’s constantly pulling the hose off and spraying water out. We noticed this happening nearly every day. While it’s a pretty effective pool cleaner overall, this was a major inconvenience. We also noticed that this model seemed to get stuck more often than most of the others. For such a high-end model, this was quite disappointing and has stopped the 3900 sport from reaching a higher position on this list.
- Works in all in-ground pools.
- Requires Polaris booster pump.
- Ready to connect to 1.5-inch dedicated pressure cleaner line.
- Includes 31-feet of feed hose which is black in color.
- Most vacuum power of any 3-jet Polaris cleaner, with 40 GPM of additional pool filtration through the filter bag.
- 50% more torque with all-wheel PosiDrive system and stainless steel chain.
- Now includes popular TailSweep Pro, providing ultimate sweeping action, while eliminating water from spraying outside the pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!