Anyone who has a swimming pool knows that once the novelty wears off, the family uses it less and less. Basketball hoop is a perfect way to create loads of new excitement.
Kids and adults alike love having fun in the water. Especially, kids are absolutely enthusiastic about the addition of a basketball goal to your pool. There’s no limit to their creativity and they can keep themselves entertained for hours!
Today, there is a wide range of pool basketball hoops on the market. For your convenience, we’ve rounded-up top 5 basketball hoops for your pool:
1. GoSports Splash Hoop PRO Swimming Pool Basketball Game
Take the exciting action of basketball from the court to the pool and beat the heat! GoSports has reinvented this classic pool game with a fresh new look that instantly upgrades any pool for summer pool days, pool parties and more!
- GoSports Splash Hoop PRO - Includes 1 Splash Hoop Pro, 2 inflatable water basketballs, and ball pump for the ultimate swimming pool party game
- Ditch the cheap looking hoops of the past and upgrade with Splash Hoop PRO’s robust construction.
- Splash Hoop PRO features a fast setup and a weighted base for secure stability (fill with water) that sits poolside making it a quick and easy addition to any inground pool for hours of fun
2. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 Floating Pool Basketball Game
The design of this hoop is simple but awesome: it takes less than a minute to assemble, it’s sturdy, doesn’t topple, and I like that it comes with 2 balls of different sizes and even a ball pump!
Compared to other pool hoops, this one is not meant to be installed poolside. Instead, it floats on the water thanks to the thick foam padding on the bottom. You’ll love the fact that it doesn’t come with any blow-up air sections. This thing won’t lose buoyancy any time soon!
The size of the hoop and balls are maybe half the size of a regular basketball hoop. So don’t expect to work on your free throw accuracy with this hoop, but it’s great fun to shoot hoops or do spectacular dunks. Kids will spend hours with this hoop without getting bored!
- Beat the buzzer and the heat this summer with the GoSports Splash Hoop 360 - Includes 1 Splash Hoop, 2 Water Basketballs, and 1 Ball Pump for the ultimate swimming pool party game
- Ditch the cheap looking hoops of the past and upgrade with Splash Hoop 360's new modern design
- Splash Hoop 360 is engineered to withstand all the splashing that comes with water basketball – the sturdy frame ensures maximum fun in the pool
- The hoop assembles in seconds while other hoops take much longer and may require tools
3. Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop Set by Hoop Shark
Of all the hoops presented in this guide, this one looks least like a traditional basketball hoop. It’s made from thick rubber with durable seams and floats on the water thanks to large inflatable sections on the bottom.
This hoop comes with a size 5 (kids) basketball that is surprisingly heavy and high-quality. For younger kids, or crazy trick shots jumping from the side of the pool, you might want to get some additional smaller balls that are a little softer and easier to grab.
- Experience why our customers rave about the quality and value of our Pool Hoop Set
- The included basketball will have you playing pool games in no time
- Stronger material and improved geometry makes this the best pool hoop ever
- Large bore valves allow for quicker inflation and deflation; perfect for traveling
4. Dunn-Rite PoolSport Portable Pool Basketball Hoop
This is a safe pool basketball hoop and requires no expert assembly. There are no sharp edges or any surfaces that could potentially cause injuries even in the extreme circumstances. This hoop is made from a durable Polyurethane and it can withstand a lot of punishment. Sturdy construction and a base that is filled with water offer satisfactory stability which allows this hoop to be placed almost anywhere around, or in the pool. With a total weight of 115 lbs. (with the base filled), the entire hoop can withstand a fair amount of rocking and stress. The thing we especially like about it is that a stainless steel rim actually feels good and offer quite a good bounce, similar to regular basketball hoops.
- The Dunn-Rite Pool Sport Poolside Basketball Hoop has a 38" high by 17" wide by 19" deep. When filled with water, the base is 115 lbs.
- Large poly reinforced backboard measuring 22" x 31". Unit comes with a three year warranty
- Vinyl coated Stainless Steel 13.5" rim that stands at a fixed height of 36" above the deck.
- Unit comes complete with a mid size, color matched basketball with textured grip specifically designed for water use.
- All hardware on the Pool Sport Poolside basketball hoop is stainless steel.
5. S.R. Smith BASK-CH Pool Game
Whether it's one on one or team play, basketball is even more fun when played in the pool. SR Smith offers a complete line of residential pool games specially designed to stand up to the toughest competitors and the toughest environments. These durable, well-designed games will provide hours of active entertainment for years to come.
- Turdy, single-piece rail, dual post design
- 12" setback to center of anchor
- 304 stainless steel frame, 1.90" OD, 0.065" thick
- Includes regulation rim, net, basketball, needle, plastic anchor, and escutcheons
- Removable for seasonal storage - remove game and replace with optional anchor caps (sold separately) for a flush deck look
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!