This guide provides the second part of overview on safety equipment for your pool. One important aspect of swimming safety is having all rescue and swimming pool safety equipment available and in working order. Here is the list of rescue equipment with examples on sertain products.
1) Life Ring, Shepherd’s Crook (Hook)
These devices are used to pull someone from the pool to safety. All rescue equipment should be placed near the pool in a clearly marked and readily accessible spot, and periodically checked to make sure it’s in good condition.
Example: Hampton Nautical Lifering, 20"
- Sturdy lightweight dense styrofoam construction for easy hanging
- Blue canvas handmade straps for authenticity
- Bright new white base color is clean and tidy
- Dimensions: 20" L x 2" W x 20" H
2) Rescue tubes
These are the tubes lifeguards have on their laps at the pool. Can be used like a ring buoy but offers more flexibility and usability.
EXAMPLE: Lifeguard Pool Rescue Tube
- Multipurpose device may be thrown to a swimmer or used for towing
- Quick-release Delrin buckles, with a 12 in. strap extension that quickly wraps around any swimmer
- Made of vinyl-dipped Ensolite that is soft and forever buoyant
- Connects to a heavy-duty 6 ft., polypropylene tow line for added safety
- 37-in. x 6 1/2-in. x 3 1/2-in.
3) Life Vest
Coast guard approved vests are best
Example: O'Neill Wetsuits Child Reactor USCG Life Vest
- USCG Approved Personal Flotation Device; Perfect for Wake Sports, Waterskiing, Tubing, and Swimming
- Segmented Foam Core And Anatomical Flex Points Allow Unrestricted Movement
- Quick Release Safety Buckles And Heavy Duty Front Zipper Create an Unparalleled Sense of Security
- Minimal Bulk Design Allows Full Mobility, While Expansion Panels Enable a Comfortable Fit
- Relaxed Fit For The Water Sports Enthusiast Who Wants Some Room To Move
4) A first aid kit
A first aid kit should be kept in a safe and convenient location and periodically checked to make sure the kit is well stocked with all essentials.
EXAMPLE: Swimming Pool & Lifeguard First Aid Kit - Metal
- Contains both CPR & First Aid supplies
- Full color 52 page guide inside - meets newest OSHA and ANSI guidelines
- Wall mountable and Portable gasketed steel case manufactured in USA
- Bonus whistle for signaling
- Free custom logo option
Choose a level of pool protection that’s right for you and use it! Even on cooler, cloudy days, the sun’s ultraviolet rays can burn and damage skin cells.
EXAMPLE: Sun Bum Original SPF 15 Sunscreen Spray Vegan and Reef Friendly (Octinoxate & Oxybenzone Free) Broad Spectrum Moisturizing UVA/UVB Sunscreen with Vitamin E 6 oz
- ORIGINAL SPF 15 SUNSCREEN SPRAY . This is the stuff we use every day. The sunscreen that started it all and smells like summer. We wanted a sunscreen to protect those who live and love in the sun, so we made it.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and reef friendly SPF 30 Spray is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!