In this article we'll walk you through the main safety equipment for your pool. Taking the time to learn pool safety is one of the best decisions you can make as a pool owner. Especially if you live with other people - It's a decision to protect everyone who uses your pool. Here is the list of rescue equipment with examples on sertain products.
There’s a fence for every taste and budget and can be used as a tool to keep children out of a pool area. Present your plans and design ideas to your local building code office, homeowners’ group, or other regulatory organization before proceeding.
Example: Windscreen4less Heavy Duty Privacy Screen Fence in Color Beige with White Stripes 6' x 50' Brass Grommets 150 GSM - Customized
-Product measures exactly 50' long x 5'8" tall, perfect fit for a fence that’s 6 ft tall.
- Constructed of new high density material- polyethylene, allows maximum air to go through.
- Prevents harmful UV sun lights from damaging for up to 90%, and fabric has a 2.5” enforced binding, so it’s able to hold up even in extreme weather condition.
- 2 grommets on each side of fabric to ensure strength, and it’s easy to install.
- Has a 3 Year Limited Warranty under normal usage and weather.
2) Automatic or Manual Safety Covers
A non-penetrating cover can completely cover the pool and block access to pool water. All safety cover types should meet ASTM F13-46 standard.
Example: Blue Wave 18-ft x 36-ft Rectangular In Ground Pool Safety Cover
- Select cover based on your pool size. Actual cover measures approximately 2-ft wider and 2-ft longer
- Comes complete with all hardware to install on concrete decking
- Includes: brass anchors, stainless-steel springs, buckles, installation tools, and storage bag
- Drill and tamp style brass anchoring system permanently secures anchors in concrete
- Multi-seamed stitching ensures safety and prevents wear and tear
- Stainless steel hardware resists damage from the elements
- High scrim mesh panel design lets water though but protects pool against dirt and debris
- Reinforced wear strips on underside of cover to guard against cover abrasion and fraying
3) Locking Hot Tub Cover
PHTA recommends that all portable hot tub owners have a safety cover that locks. Locking hot tub covers should meet the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International) F1346-91 safety standard.
Example: ULTCOVER Waterproof 600D Polyester Square Hot Tub Cover Outdoor SPA Covers 85 x 85 inch
- Guaranteed to fit hot tub size up to 85”(L)x 85”(W), Actual cover size is 87”(L)x87”(W)x20”(H). NOTE: This cover can not be used by itself without an insulated hard cover under it.
- Made of top quality 600D polyester canvas complex with waterproof backing. Tough enough to keep rain, hail, snow, dust, leaves and bird droppings away.
- ULTCOVER provides 3 years warranty and guarantees to be 100% waterproof with seams taped, it’s a “WATERPROOF & BREATHABLE” cover.
- Well-made structured air vents at two sides stay open to prevent wind lofting. Heavy duty elastic cords allows adjustment for a tight and easier fit, especially during high winds and severe weather.
- 100% coverage design avoids the furniture exposure in the sun makes your hot tub always look like new.
4) Pool alarms
As first line of defense against accidents, pool alarms should be able to detect the presence of children weighing at least fourteen pounds, and should be loud enough to warn pool attendees and lifeguards. To ensure customer safety, the alarm should be positioned so it’s unlikely to be triggered at all movements, as well as being placed out of the reach of small children.Pool alarms can be divided into two main types: buoy-style alarms, which are placed on top of the water to detect when someone enters the pool, and traditional perimeter alarms. Inexpensive and easy to use, pool alarms don’t take up a lot of space – just don’t forget to make sure they’re turned on prior to use!
Example:Techko S187D Safe Pool Alarm
- Meets UL standards for Child Pool Safety Law
- Includes extra set of sensors and bypass reset button for use on both sliding glass doors and screen doors
- Water and weather resistant
- High Output 110-120 dB, 6-Tone Alarm. "Always On" Alarm Protection
5) Rope and Float Line
Placed across the pool, the rope and float line alerts swimmers to the separation between the deep and shallow ends of the pool.
Example: FibroPool 16' Swimming Pool Safety Rope
- 16' rope can be easily adjusted to suit your needs
- 5 integrated floats provide a visual barrier for swimmers
- High-quality, chrome hardware resists rust and weather
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!