This will help you to recharge an automatic chlorine in-line feeder. Use caution when handling chlorine products and avoid breathing chlorine fumes.
1. Your first step in refilling an automatic pool chlorinator is to turn off the pool pump. For maximum safety turn off the power at the circuit breaker to the pool pump.
2. Turn the pool chlorinator control valve on the feeder to the OFF postion. and wait one minute to allow water and fumes to drain from the feeder.
3. Remove the pool chlorinator feeder cap by turning the cap counter-clockwise. When removing the cap, do not stand above the feeder and DO NOT INHALE the chlorine fumes rising from the open feeder. You may need a lever to help twist off the cap.
4. Add two or three jumbo tablets to recharge the pool chlorinator feeder
5. Lubricate the O-ring with a silicone lubricant and replace the pool chlorinator cap. Hand tighten only. Do not use a lever.
6. Inspect line for kinks or wear each time the feeder is recharged. Replace line yearly if necessary.
7. Turn the power to the pool pump back on.
8. Reset the control valve dial to the level required to maintain 1-3 ppm of free and available chlorine in your pool. This will vary with pool use and weather conditions.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!