Your pool deck is more than just a floor in your pool area. Sure, it gives you a place to walk around your pool and a place to put your pool accessories on like slides, lights, or pool umbrellas. But above all else, you must make sure your pool deck is safe.
You can keep your friends and family safe by treating your swimming pool deck to reduce slipperiness. Surely, you’re familiar with that sinking feeling you get when you see kids running near the edge of a swimming pool deck. You can address your fears by making your pool deck less slippery. The best solution of this problem is a non-Slip Pool Coating.
In this reviews and guide, you will get the information about 5 of the best non-slip coatings in the market today. Let’s get started!
1. TotalBoat Non Skid Deck Paint
TotalBoat Total Tread non-skid deck paint is easy to apply on any surface, including fiberglass and wood. Its UV-stable formula keeps it from cracking, fading, or peeling and is extremely easy to clean.
This paint is unique in that it contains polyurethane instead of silica but provides just as much traction. That means it’s a lot less abrasive than traditional deck paints but just as tough.
One coat is all it takes for most surfaces. However, two coats are recommended for added coverage and traction.
Each gallon covers 250-300 square feet and comes in sand beige, gray, white, and light gray.
- Durable, textured, low-glare high-traction surface for secure footing, with a comfortable rubberized texture that's less abrasive than traditional silica additives
- Durable coating won't fade or peel; easy to clean - scrubbing won't wear away the finish; affordable way to bring your old boat flooring back to life
- Non-slip paint with many applications: Boat decks, docks, cabin soles, hatches, stairs, steps, gunwales, swim platforms, concrete, patios, floors, and anywhere else you need sure footing
- 1-part paint is easy to apply by brush or roller on fiberglass, wood, properly primed aluminum, metals, and previously painted surfaces; add a second coat for greater traction. Coverage: 250-300 sq. ft. per gallon
- Comes in paint colors to match topsides or existing nonskid: Sand Beige, Kingston Gray, Light Gray, White (tintable with TotalBoat Wet Edge Topside Paint). Available in Quarts and Gallons
2. Kilz Over Armor Textured Wood Coating
For those pool owners with wooden decks, we recommend using the Kilz Over Armor paint. It features an advanced 100% acrylic-resin based formula that provides a solid color coating that will easily bring any old or weathered wood back to life.
It’s one of the best pool deck paint when it comes to hiding imperfections like splinters and cracks, and it also gives your deck a uniform look.
The manufacturer recommends applying two coats of Kilz Over Armor paint for optimal durability.
Once cured, it’ll give your pool deck a durable and mildew-resistant finish.
The colors available for this paint are chocolate brown and redwood.
- Over Armor offers an innovative solid color coating that brings old, weathered wood or concrete back to life with an advanced and durable 100% acrylic resin formula.
- This solid color, textured coating bridges cracks, hides imperfections, and gives a uniform look to old, weathered wood and concrete.
- Use on weathered or cracked horizontal or vertical wood and composite surfaces such as decks, porches and boat docks, or railings as well as concrete surfaces like pool decks, patios and sidewalks.
- Over Armor is designed to conceal splinters and cracks up to 1/4-inch and creates a textured slip-resistant finish.
- This is a 1-gallon can of KILZ Over Armor Textured Surface Coating in Redwood. Covers approximately 75 square feet per gallon.
- Not for drivable surfaces such as garage floors or driveways. All surfaces must be clean, sound, dry and free of any dirt, oil, and grease before application.
3. Skid-Mix Non-Skid Additive
This is a one quart can of Skid-Mix which is a non-skid additive to paint to create a slip-resistant surface on concrete decks or pool surfaces (like steps). Skid-Mix is a white silica aggregate that can also be lightly sprinkled on newly painted, wet epoxy pool steps to prevent slipping.
Skid-Mix is used primarily with epoxy pool paint on steps and shallow areas where slipping hazards may exist.
- Non-skid additive
- Can be added to paint mixture or sprinkled on wet paint surfaces
- Great for shallow areas and pool steps that can be slippery
4. INSL-X Sure Step
INSL-X Sure Step paint is an acrylic anti-slip paint made specifically for concrete. It requires no priming and minimal preparation and provides a perfectly smooth coating every time.
Customers like this paint because it’s super thick and hides imperfections on the surface. That makes it the perfect product for swimming pool decks with small cracks and chips you’d rather not repair.
This paint covers about 80-120 square feet and comes in a nice desert sand color.
- Can be used for either vertical or horizontal masonry surfaces
- To be used as a seal coat primer or as a stand alone coating on previously uncoated concrete or asphalt
- The Package Height of the product is 9 inches
- Country of Origin: United States
5. Deck-O-Grip Non Skid Acrylic Coating
This one gallon can of Deck-O-Grip provides a clear, flexible and durable abrasion and stain-resistant protective film on colored concrete and exposed aggregate surfaces. It is a non-yellowing, acrylic-based, high solids, transparent, easy-to-apply liquid cure and seal. Deck-O-Grip contains a slip resistant additive which establishes an easy-to-clean, nonslip surface for traditionally slippery areas. It also offers improved resistance to the most common pool chemicals.
- Coverage: 300 to 600 square feet per gallon
- Provides a totally clear membrane for new or existing concrete
- Seals all concrete surfaces.
- Offers excellent non-skid foot traffic wearing qualities.
- Dustproofs concrete with a tough, durable film.
- Dries to the touch in 30 to 60 minutes.
- Improves abrasion and stain resistance.
- Offers improved resistance to rain, sun, freezing temperatures and pool chemicals.
- VOC compliant - meets U.S. EPA Architectural Coatings Rule requirements.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!