It’s that time of year again when people start to think that their swimming pool season is over. To make sure that your pool is ready for winter, here are a few simple steps to ensure that it is.
1. Check the filter equipment
- Breakers and time clocks are Off?
- Damage from falling tree branches?
- Pool heater gas supply is turned Off?
- Anything cracked, broken or misaligned?
- Any leaks or wet ground around the equipment?
2. Check the Pool Cover
- On Aboveground pools, check cable and clips, inspect air pillow.
- Straps (mesh covers) and water bags (solid) are in good shape?
- For solid covers, has standing water and debris been removed?
- For mesh covers, has water level risen to touch the cover?
- Any holes in the pool cover?
3. Check the Pool Water
- Is the pool clean?
- Are your wall plugs in place?
- Is there visible algae growth? Staining?
- If you use a chemical floater, is it empty?
- Is the water level stable, or has the level dropped?
- Check pH, Calcium Hardness, Alkalinity. Adjust if needed.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!