It’s that time of year again when it’s time to prepare your pool for the winter months. This can be a daunting task, but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be. One of the most popular winter closing kits on the market is the BioGuard Arctic Blue Winter Closing Kit. This kit is designed to help you close your pool up to 24K gallons and ensure it is ready for the cold winter months.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using the BioGuard Arctic Blue Winter Closing Kit to ensure your pool is winterized.
1. Start by testing your pool’s water chemistry and adjust as needed. Make sure your pH is between 7.2 and 7.6, alkalinity is between 80 and 120 ppm, calcium hardness is between 200 and 400 ppm, and stabilizer is between 30 and 50 ppm.
2. Add the BioGuard Arctic Blue Winter Closing Kit to your pool. This kit contains a clarifier, an algaecide, a stain and scale inhibitor, and a winterizing shock.
3. Once you have added the kit to the pool, turn the filter on and run it for at least 24 hours. This will help circulate the chemicals and ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the pool.
4. After the 24 hours have passed, test your pool’s water chemistry again and make any necessary adjustments.
5. Now it’s time to winterize the pool equipment. Start by draining the filter and skimmer baskets. Then, turn off the power to the pump and heater and disconnect any electrical lines.
6. Finally, cover your pool with a winter cover and secure it with water tubes. This will help protect your pool from debris, animals, and cold temperatures.
Using the BioGuard Arctic Blue Winter Closing Kit is a great way to ensure that your pool is winterized properly and ready for the cold winter months. Follow these steps and your pool should be ready for winter without any issues.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!
Also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our videos with other great pool and spa products.