This guide will explain you how to rotate the discharge to a horizontal position.The PureLine Pure Pro XL is a versatile above ground pool pump. This pump comes from the factory with a vertical discharge.
1. Steps 1-2 apply to pumps that are already installed. Turn the power off at the breaker or unplug the pump.
2. Disconnect the hoses/plumbing from the pump. Close gate valves if you have them or place the hoses over the pool water so that water doesn't drain out.
3. Remove the pump lid.
4. Remove the basket.
5. Locate the retaining clip inside the strainer pot. Lift up on the clip and remove it.
6. Remove the pump strainer from the pump housing and motor.
7. Remove 8 screws from the diffuser. Tip: Throw them in the pump basket so they don't get lost.
8. Pull the diffuser off of the pump housing.
9. At the back of the motor, locate the two cap screws. Loosen the screws and remove the end cap.
10. Using a flat head screwdriver, stabilize the shaft.
11. While stabilizing the shaft, spin the impeller counterclockwise and remove it.
12. Loosen the 4 thru-bolts at the back of the motor with a 1/4" socket. Do not completely remove them from the motor.
13. Pull the seal plate and motor shroud away from the motor.
14. Rotate the seal plate and motor shroud so that the discharge is horizontal. Don't place the seal late and motor shroud on the motor yet. Notice how the hole in the motor shroud is now on the side. That needs to be at the bottom.
15. Pull the motor shroud away from the seal plate.
16. Press the motor shroud back onto the seal plate. Again, make sure the hole is facing down.
17. Slide seal plate and motor shroud onto the motor.
18. Tighten the 4 thru-bolts at the back of the motor.
19. Stabilize the shaft of the motor.
20. Install the impeller while still stabilizing shaft.
21. Place the motor cap on the motor and tighten the screws.
22. Place the diffuser over the impeller and tighten 8 screws.
23. Push the strainer body back onto the pump housing.
24. Reinstall the retaining clip.
25. Place the basket back in the strainer housing.
26. Place the lid back on the pump housing and tighten.
27. Connect hoses and make sure pump fills up with water.
28. Turn the power back on. You should be ready to go!
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!