This instruction will walk you through installing the the Tuneup Kit. If your Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner has been operated many years and is not performing like it did when it was new, it may be time for a major tune up of the wheel assemblies and drive belts. We sell a kit that includes all the parts required to replace the 3 wheel assemblies from the wheel shafts out plus the drive belts.
1. ORDER PARTS - The first step is to order the parts you will need. The parts required for this procedure are all included in the Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner TUNE UP KIT. The kit includes: 1- three Axle Block Assemblies (the wheel shafts), 2- three Hub Caps, 3- three Bearing Shields, 4- three E-Clips (hard to see), 5- six Ball Bearings, 6- Small and Large Belts, 7- three Tires, and 8- three Wheel Assemblies. Note: The Power Module shown in the upper left corner is not included in the Kit. It is only shown here to display the mounted positions of the three Axle Block Assemblies (labeled "1").
2. REMOVE TOP HOUSING - The Top Housing is held on by two screws. With a Philips head screwdriver remove the two screws.
3. LIFT TOP HOUSING - Lift the Top Housing off of the top of the Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner.
4. REMOVE LOWER HOUSING - Turn the Cleaner over on its back. The Lower Housing is held on with three screws. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.
5. LIFT LOWER HOUSING - Lift the Lower Housing off of the Cleaner to gain access to the belts.
6. REMOVE BIG BELT - Work the Big Belt off of the Wheel Gear by pushing it while rotating the Wheels. The belt should slip off the gear.
7. REMOVE SMALL BELT - Work the Small Belt off of the Wheel Gear by pushing it while rotating the Wheels. The belt should slip off the gear.
8. REMOVE WHEEL HUB CAPS - You will have to remove the Wheel Assemblies to pull the belts from the Cleaner. First remove the Hub Caps off of each of the 3 Wheels. Use a small screwdriver to pry the Hub Caps off at the slots provided.
9. REMOVE E-CLIPS - Pry the E-Clips off the Wheel shafts with a small screwdriver.
10. REMOVE WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Pull each of the Wheel Assemblies off their Wheel shafts.
11. REMOVE BELTS - Lift the Large and Small Belts off of the Wheel Shafts.
12. REMOVE PROPELLER - Turn Cleaner over and remove the Propeller. It is secured by one screw.
13. REMOVE POWER MODULE - Turn the Cleaner on it back. The Power Module is secured to the inner frame with 3 screws. Remove these screws.
14. LIFT POWER MODULE - Lift the Power Module out of the frame. This step will give you access to all three Axle Block Assemblies.
15. REMOVE AXLE BLOCK ASSEMBLIES - Take the 3 Axle Block Assemblies off of the Inner Frame. They are each attached with two screws and lock-washers.
16. INSTALL NEW AXLE BLOCK ASSEMBLIES - Attach each of the new Axle Block Assemblies to the Inner Frame with two screws each and lock-washers (jagged side up). Push the front axle block on the double- wheel side as far as possible to the front.
17. REPLACE POWER MODULE - Secure the Power Module back into the Inner Frame using 3 screws.
18. INSTALL NEW BEARINGS SHIELDS - Place the new Bearing Shields onto the shafts of the Axle Block Assemblies.
19. PRESS NEW BALL BEARINGS INTO WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Place a Ball Bearing into both sides of each Wheel Assembly. Make sure to place the closed side of the Ball Bearing facing out to help keep debris out of the Bearings. The open side of a Ball Bearing is shown in the picture under the Wheel.
20. WRAP TIRES ONTO WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Wrap the new Tire onto the Wheel Assembly. Check to make sure the Tire is evenly applied on the Wheel. Repeat for other two Tires.
21. WRAP TIRES ONTO WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Wrap the new Tire onto the Wheel Assembly. Check to make sure the Tire is evenly applied on the Wheel. Repeat for other two Tires.
22. INSTALL THE E-CLIPS - Snap on the new E-Clips onto the groove in each end of the Wheel Assemblies to hold the Wheels in place. Note: If you don't see the groove on the end of the Wheel shaft, the shaft has been push out on the other end. Take a screwdriver and push on the other end of the shaft until you see the groove on the Wheel side of the shaft.
23. INSTALL HUB CAPS - Push each Hub Cap onto the Wheel Assemblies. They should just snap on with a click.
24. INSTALL SMALL BELT - Slip the Small Belt onto the Wheel Gear and partially on the end of the Reverse Drive Mechanism. Work the Belt completely onto the Reverse Drive Mechanism by pushing the Belt on while turning the other Reverse Drive Mechanism.
25. ADJUST SMALL BELT TENSION - Adjust the placement of the single Wheel side Axle Block until there is a 1/4" deflection in the Small Belt.
26. POSITION LARGE BELT - Place the Large Belt around the Cog Wheels as shown in the picture.
27. ENGAGE LARGE BELT - Slip the Large Belt onto the Reverse Drive Mechanism and one of the Wheel Gears. Partially place the Large Belt onto the end of the other Wheel gear and work the Belt the rest of the way by pushing on the Belt while turning the Wheel Assembly.
28. ADJUST LARGE BELT TENSION - Adjust the placement of the Belt Tensioner until there is a 1/4" deflection in the Large Belt.
29. REPLACE THE LOWER HOUSING - Place the Lower Housing on the bottom of the Cleaner and secure it with the three screws.
30. TEST WHEELS - Turn the Cleaner over and rotate one of the Wheels to ensure that it and the other two wheels move through the gears.
31. REPLACE THE TOP HOUSING - Place the Top Housing on top of the Cleaner and secure it with the two screws.
32. REBUILD IS COMPLETE - Your Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!