This guide explains you how to check and secure the gray ribbon cable.If the LED lights and display on your Compupool CPSC unit are all off, you may have a loose ribbon cable between the base of the Power Pack and the LCD Printed Circuit Board (PCB).
1. ORDER PARTS - No parts are required for this prodecure.
2. TURN OFF POWER - Turn off all power to the Compupool Salt Chlorine Generator and pump. If possible, turn the power off at the circuit breaker. Make sure power is OFF and cannot be accidentally turned on while you are changing the cell cord. This is 240V. If you are unfamiliar with electricity, have an electrician help you with the electrical changes.
3. UNSCREW CONTROL UNIT - Remove the four screws that hold the Control Unit onto the wall plate - two on the top and one on each side of the Unit at its base.
4. REMOVE CONTROL UNIT - Take the Control Unit off the wall and lay it on its back. I used a portable bench here because of the short power cord.
5. REMOVE BOTTOM SCREWS. - Remove the 6 screws that hold the gray Housing Cover onto the base of the Control Unit.
6. REMOVE HOUSING COVER - Turn the Control Unit over and lift of the Housing Cover. Place the Housing Cover upside down next to the Control Unit. The Gray Ribbon Cable runs between the two halves.
7. CHECK LCD PCB END - Push down on the end of the cable into the socket to ensure it is all the way down.
8. CHECK POWER PACK END - Push down on the end of the cable into the socket to ensure it is all the way down.
9. REATTACH HOUSING - Place the Housing Cover onto the Control Unit. Tuck in all wires and make sure they are not pinched. Then turn the Unit over and secure the housing to the Control Unit base with six screws.
10. REMOUNT CONTROL UNIT - Place the Control Unit back on the wall panel and secure it with four screws.
11. CHECK OPERATION - Turn the power to the Control Unit ON and check its operation. After flashing for a short time, the Power On and one of the Polarity LEDs should come on. You should also see information on the display.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!