If you have a pool with a Pentair 172855 3/4-Inch Stainless Steel Air Vent Strainer, you know that it is essential for keeping debris out of your pool. But when the strainer deteriorates, it needs to be replaced. Replacing the strainer is a relatively straightforward process that can be done in a few steps.
- The first step is to turn off the power to the pump. This will prevent any accidental electrocution and make it safer to work on the strainer. Once the power is off, locate the strainer. It should be located on the side of the pump where the water is coming out.
- Next, remove the screws from the strainer cover. Be careful not to strip the screws when removing them. Once the screws are removed, the strainer cover should come off easily.
- Now, you’ll need to remove the old strainer. This can be done by unscrewing the four screws that secure it to the pump. The screws may be a bit tricky to get off, so use a screwdriver or other tool to help you remove them. Once the old strainer is removed, you’ll need to clean off any dirt, debris, or buildup on the strainer area.
- Then, you’ll need to install the new Pentair 172855 3/4-Inch Stainless Steel Air Vent Strainer. To install the new strainer, simply line up the four screws with the holes in the strainer and secure them with the screws. Make sure the screws are tight and secure. Then, replace the strainer cover.
- Finally, turn the power back on and test the strainer. If it is not working properly, you may need to adjust the screws or replace the strainer.
Replacing the Pentair 172855 3/4-Inch Stainless Steel Air Vent Strainer is a relatively simple process that can be done in a few steps. Make sure to turn off the power and use caution when removing and installing the strainer to avoid any accidents.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!
Also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our videos with other great pool and spa products.