This guide will walk you through installing and operating your Zodiac T5 Suction Cleaner through your pool's skimmer. Your Zodiac T5 Suction Cleaner can be installed into your pool two different ways: into a dedicated suction line; or directly through your pool's skimmer.
1. CHECK PARTS - This picture shows the parts you should have received to install your Zodiac T5 Suction Cleaner through your pool's skimmer: 1- QUICK CONNECTOR, 2- FLOW GAUGE, 3- WEIR ELBOW, 4- HOSE WEIGHT, 5- WHEEL DEFLECTOR, 6- FLOWKEEPER VALVE & VALVE CUFF; 7- TWIST-LOCK HOSE (12 pack).
2. ADJUST RETURN LINES - Adjust the return lines to blow downward towards the opposite wall.
3. TURN PUMP OFF - Always turn your pump off at the pump circuit breaker.
4. CLOSE MAIN DRAIN - For best cleaner results, shut off your main drain and vaccum line at the diverter valves.
5. ASSEMBLE HOSE SECTIONS - Push and twist the connectors on each hose section until they lock into position with a clicking sound.
6. MEASURE HOSE LENGTH - Connect enough hose to reach the farthest point of the pool from the suction port and then add two more sections.
7. ADD HOSE WEIGHT - Position the hose weight at the end of the first hose section, about 39 inches from the Cleaner.
8. LOCATE FLOWKEEPER VALVE - The Flowkeeper Valve regulates flow to ensure the pool pump and Zodiac T5 Cleaner run properly. It is pre-set at the factory at "2" to optimize the performance of the Cleaner. Two other settings are offered. The lower the setting number, the lower the flow. To adjust, pull the handle and move setting up or down. The red tab can be used to open the valve and stop the Cleaner.
9. REMOVE SKIMMER BASKET - Remove the skimmer cover and lift out the skimmer basket.
10. ATTACH VALVE CUFF - Place the Valve Cuff on the bottom of the Flowkeeper Valve. The arrow on the valve points to the bottom.
11. INSERT FLOWKEEPER - Insert the Valve Cuff and Flowkeeper Valve into the bottom of the skimmer with the arrow pointing down.
12. ATTACH ELBOW - Slide the 45 degree elbow over the FlowKeeper valve. If there isn't room for the elbow, or the port is lower than normal, skip this step.
13. ATTACH HOSE - Feed the male end of the assembled hose through the skimmer door and attach the hose onto the elbow. This skimmer has a low port so the hose was connected directly to the FlowKeeper valve - the elbow was not installed.
14. ATTACH QUICK CONNECTOR - Attached the Quick Connector to the other end of the hose that will be connected to the Cleaner.
15. FILL THE HOSE - Push the hose down under water to fill it completely.
16. ATTACH FLOW GAUGE - With the hose under the water, attach the Flow Gauge onto the Quick Connector until it clicks.
17. TURN PUMP ON - With the hose and Flow Gauge under water, turn the pump on.
18. READ GAUGE - GOOD - Look at side of the Flow Gauge. If the red indicator in the gauge is on the Number 3 setting, the water pressurethrough the slimmer is at the proper level.
19. READ GAUGE - LOW - If the red indicator in the gauge reads below 3 (0-2), you do not have sufficient water pressure to operate the Cleaner. Make sure the valve settings are correct: the suction line is fully closed: the skimmer is fully open; and the main drain is closed. Then turn the pump off and move the flow setting on the FlowKeeper valve from "2" to "3". Turn pump back on.
20. READ GAUGE - HIGH - If the red indicator in the gauge reads above 3 (4-6), the pressure in your skimmer port e is too high for efficient cleaning. Open the main drain slightly.
21. TURN OFF PUMP - Once you have the correct pressure reading, turn off the pump.
22. REMOVE FLOW GAUGE - Remove the Flow Gauge by squeezing the levers on either side of the Quick Connector.
23. ATTACH WHEEL DEFLECTOR - With the hose under water, feed the end hose through the Wheel and snap the hub of the Wheel on to the end of the hose below the Quick Connector.
24. CONNECT HOSE TO CLEANER - Connect the hose to the Cleaner by pushing the Quick Connector onto the outer extension pipe until it clicks.
25. RELEASE CLEANER TO BOTTOM - Shake the Cleaner from side to side to purge the air then allow the Cleaner to drift to the bottom of the pool.
26. ADJUST WEIGHT - With the pump off observe the Zodiac T5 Cleaner. If it does not rest flat on the pool floor, adjust the weight 1" at a time up or back as required until the Cleaner rests flat on the floor.
27. TURN ON PUMP
28. OBSERVE CLEANER OPERATION - Your Zodiac T5 Cleaner should be moving along the bottom and sides of your pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!