This guide will walk you through installing and operating your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner on a dedicated suction line. Your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner can be installed into your pool two different ways: directly into your skimmer; or into a dedicated suction line.
1. INSPECT PARTS - This picture shows the parts you should have received to install your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner on your pool's dedicated suction line: 1- FLEX-CONNECTOR, 2- FLOW GAUGE, 3- TWIST-LOCK ELBOW, 4- HOSE WEIGHT, 5- TWIST-LOCK HOSE (12 total). Click on each name for a link to the part.
2. ADJUST RETURN LINES - Adjust the return lines to blow downward towards the opposite wall.
3. TURN PUMP OFF - Always turn your pump off at the pump circuit breaker.
4. CLOSE MAIN DRAIN - For best cleaner results, shut off your main drain at the diverter valves.
5. ASSEMBLE HOSE SECTIONS - Push and twist the connectors on each hose section until they lock into position with a clicking sound.
6. MEASURE LENGTH - Connect enough hose to reach the farthest point of the pool and then add one more section.
7. ADD HOSE WEIGHT - Position the hose weight at the end of the first hose section, about 39 inches from the Cleaner.
8. CONNECT ELBOW TO SUCTION LINE - Connect the elbow to the dedicated suction line. The elbow should be pointed up towards the surface of the water.
9. FILL THE HOSE - Push the hose down under water to fill it completely.
10. ATTACH ELBOW TO HOSE - Attach the male end of the hose to the 45 degree twist-lock elbow.
11. ATTACH FLEX CONNECTION - With the hose submerged, attached the Flex Connector to the other end of the hose that will be connected to the Cleaner.
12. ATTACH FLOW GAUGE - Attach the Flow Gauge onto the connector until it clicks.
13. TURN PUMP ON - With the hose and Flow Gauge under water, turn the pump on.
14. READ GAUGE - GOOD - Look at side of the Flow Gauge. If the red indicator in the gauge is on the Number 3 setting, the water pressure in the dedicated suction line is at the proper level.
15. READ GAUGE - LOW - If the red indicator in the gauge reads below 3 (0-2), you do not have sufficient water pressure to operate the Cleaner. Make sure the valves to the suction line is fully open and that the valve to the main drain is closed. Then slowly close the valve to the skimmer until the gauge moves up to 3.
16. READ GAUGE - HIGH - If the red indicator in the gauge reads above 3 (4-6), the pressure in your dedicated suction line is too high for efficient cleaning. Partially close the valve to your suction line and/or open the main drain slightly.
17. TURN OFF PUMP - Once you have the correct pressure reading, turn off the pump.
18. REMOVE FLOW GAUGE - Remove the Flow Gauge by squeezing the pressure points on either side of the Flex Connector.
19. CHECK HANDLE POSITION - Check that the Handle on the Cleaner is in the full upright position and locked into place with the two Handle Locks.
20. EMERGE CLEANER - Place the Cleaner into the water and swish it back and forth to remove all air in the Cleaner.
21. CONNECT HOSE TO CLEANER - Connect the hose to the Cleaner by pushing the Flex Connector onto the outer extension pipe until it clicks.
22. RELEASE CLEANER TO BOTTOM - Allow the Cleaner to drift to the bottom of the pool.
23. ADJUST WEIGHT - With the pump off observe the Zodiac X7 Cleaner. If it does not rest flat on the pool floor, adjust the weight 1" at a time up or back as required until the Cleaner rests flat on the floor.
24. TURN ON PUMP
25. OBSERVE CLEANER OPERATION - Your Zodiac X7 Cleaner should be moving along the bottom and sides of your pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!