Part 4. This guide is on what you need to know when assembling an Oval Above Ground (AG) Pool. It covers the initial preparation of the pool base required before you erect the pool Wall. We suggest that you review the previous parts of this series before reading this section. Also, these instructions may vary according to your pool model so consult your owner's manual for any variations.
1. MOVE SAND - Move all base sand into the pool area. 14.26
2. PACK SAND INTO TRENCHES - Pack sand into the Channel trenches. Be sure to fill and pack sand under the Pressure Plates to avoid sink holes when the water is added to the pool. 15.11
3. SPREAD SAND - Spread the pool sand equally inside the pool area. 15.43
4. CHECK CURVED SIDE MEASUREMENTS - Measure the distance between one of the end Straight Side Uprights to the middle of one of the Curved Side Bottom Plates. Then measure the opposite Straight Side Upright to the middle of the opposite Curved Side Bottom Plate. Make adjustments until they are equal.
5. SECURE CURVED SIDE BOTTOM RAILS - Secure the Curved Side Bottom Rails to the Straight Side Bottom Rail Connectors. Stake the Curved Side Bottom Rail Track in place.
6. CHECK LEVEL OF CURVED SIDE BOTTOM RAILS - Make sure the Curved Side Bottom Rails are at the same level as the top of the Strap End Channels
7. PLACE PATIO BLOCK UNDER BOTTOM PLATES - Dig a 2" deep hole under each Curved Side Bottom Plate and place a Patio Block under the Plate. Make sure it is flush with the surface and that it is level in all directions. 16.35
8. RECHECK PLATE LEVELS - Check the level of each plate to make sure it is at the same height as it was before inserting the blocks. 16.45
9. GO TO NEXT PART - With the Pool base prepared you are now ready to erect the Pool Wall. Go to "How To Install an AG Oval Pool - Pt 5, Erecting the Wall".
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!