Follow this guide if you have the scum line in your swimming pool.There's no worse feeling than looking at your swimming pool and seeing the infamous "scum line" around the pool. The scum line is caused by a build up of organic waste that clings to the pool wall. Below are a few steps that will help you get rid of it.
1. First thing to do is make sure that the water level is at or slightly below the waterline ring. Lowering the waterline slightly may yield better results.
2. Begin by spraying the Clean & Perfect directly on to the scum line. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes before scrubbing.
3. Once at least 3 minutes have passed, you can begin scrubbing the scum line. If it is not coming off easily, you can re-apply the Clean & Perfect and use warm water when scrubbing.
4. If you do not get the desired results, repeat steps 2 and 3 until the water line ring has been completely removed.
5. Once you've successfully removed the scum line, raise the water level (if you lowered it) and enjoy your swimming pool. You can use either Pool Perfect or Pool First Aid as part of your weekly maintenance to prevent the scum line from returning.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!