This guide will help you to wire a Hayward Aqua Rite on 115V. Note: This guide is intended to give you a visual reference to supplement the Hayward owner's manual, not replace it. Make sure you read and understand your owner's manual before installing your unit.
1. TURN OFF POWER at the breaker.
2. Open the Aqua Rite control box and remove the two screws that secure the blue cover panel.
3. Remove the blue cover panel.
4. Locate the metal jumpers on terminals 2 and 3 on the main circuit board. With a phillips head screwdriver, loosen the screws on terminals 2 and 3. Slide the jumpers out. One jumper will be stacked on top of the other.
5. Loosen the screw on terminal one and slide one jumper onto terminals 1 and 2. Tighten the screw on terminal 2 and leave the terminal 1 screw loose.
6. Loosen the screw on terminal 4 and slide the other jumper onto terminals 3 and 4. Tighten the screw on terminal 3 and leave the terminal 4 screw loose.
7. Remove one of the knockouts located near the wiring connections of the Aqua Rite control box.
8. Thread a 1/2" mpt terminal adapter into the knockout of the control box.
9. Feed the cables through the terminal adapter and into the Aqua Rite control box. There should be one hot line (black), one neutral line (white), and a ground line (green).
10. Connect the black (hot) line to terminal 1 and tighten the screw.
11. Connect the white (neutral) line to terminal 4 and tighten the screw.
12. Connect the green (ground) line to the green screw and tighten it.
13. Move the blue panel back into place and tighten screws.
14. The last step will involve bonding the AquaRite box. Using an 8AWG conductor, connect the grounding lug on the underside of the AquaRite to an appropriate earth contact. Failure to adequately bond your power unit can lead to severe electrical shocks.
15. Turn power back on at the breaker. Your AquaRite should now power up on 115v.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!