This manual provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the Steering Assembly and get your cleaner back up and running.The Pool Cleaner has a programmed steering system that causes the left wheel to periodically reverse, allowing it to turn and then move into another direction. Over the course of time, the steering assembly may become damaged.
1. Turn off the pool pump and disconnect the hose from the head of the cleaner.
2. Remove the 3 screws located on the top of the cleaner with a philips screw driver.
3. Once the shroud is removed, the turbine cover will be visible.
4. Remove the turbine cover to expose the turbine.
5. If necessary, you can remove the turbine vanes one by one. You can do this by sliding them to one side.Be sure to note which way they are facing before removing them. Take a picture for reference if possible.
6. Next, remove the left and right wheel using the allen key.
7. At this point, the steering assembly and front right gear drive will be visible.
8. The steering assembly can simply be pulled out.
9. To remove the front right gear drive, use the large drive gear to push the bearings and front right gear drive out of the main body.
10. You can use your finger to push out the second bearing.
11. Now you can begin installing the new parts.
12. First, install one of the bearings back into the main body.
13. Next, slide the second bearing onto the gear drive.
14. Push the gear drive back into the main body making sure that notches fit into the first bearing and the large drive gear.
15. Install the new steering assy. making sure that the notches fit into the large gear drive.
16. With the new steering assy in place, install the wheels making sure that the teeth make contact with the steering assembly.
17. Next, install the turbine veins and cover.
18. Re-install the shroud and fasten the 3 screws to secure it to the cleaner body.
19. Your repair is now complete. Re-connect the hoses then turn on the pool pump and prime the hose. The cleaner should be operating normally now.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!