This guide will help you to replace the steering assembly. If your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Suction Cleaner is not covering the whole pool or will not turn left or right, you may have to replace your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Steering Assembly. Note: the 4 pieces in the steering assembly are not sold separately. They are sold as a kit.
1. ORDER PARTS - The first step is to order the parts you will need. The only part required is the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark STEERING ASSEMBLY KIT.
2. PULL OFF VACUUM PAD - Carefully peel off the rubber Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing. You might need to start with a screwdriver.
3. LIFT OUTER HOUSING - After the Vacuum Pad is completely off, you should be able to lift the Outer Housing straight up off the Chassis and Pad.
4. PULL OFF SWIVEL HOUSING - The Swivel Housing is attached to the top of the Chassis. Gently pry the four corners out of their tabs with a narrow blade like a chisel.
5. LlFT COG WHEEL - Once the Swivel Housing is off, you will be able to lift out the small Cog Wheel that was directly under the Swivel Housing.
6. REPLACE COG WHEEL - Drop the new small white Cog Wheel in its place on top of the Chassis.
7. ATTACH CLUTCH CLIP - If the Clutch Clip is not attached to the Swivel Housing, connect the Clip now. It snaps into the arm that extends over the Clutch Wheel.
8. REATTACH SWIVEL HOUSING - With the Swivel inserted in the Swivel Housing, place the new Swivel Housing on top of the Chassis. The four tabs on the bottom of the Housing should be over the four slots in the Chassis and the Clutch Clip should be over the Clutch Assembly Wheel. Press down on the Swivel Housing until it clicks. Check that all 4 tabs are engaged.
9. PLACE OUTER HOUSING ON VACUUM PAD - Position the Outer Housing over the Chassis and on the top of the Vacuum Pad.
10. ATTACH PAD ONTO OUTER HOUSING - Work the edge of the Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing.
11. CLEANER IS READY - Check that you do not have any extra pieces that weren't installed. If not, your Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!